Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Best price on 21" Continental ExtremeContact DW tires?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi everyone-

I'm at 6,200mi on my Model S and I need new rear tires. :redface: I'm what you might call a spirited driver. Probably 1,000mi of that was on twisty roads at speed, or full launches from zero. No complaints, it was worth every penny. (I'm seriously considering upgrading to the + I have to say).

The best price I've found for the Continental ExtremeContact DW 245/35R21's are $225 with free shipping. I got America's Tire to match that price for me. Anyone know a better deal anywhere?

Here's the direct link -
Tire Details - Discount Tire Direct
I have /no/ affiliation nor have I been paid or compensated to post this. Just looking for the best deal and maybe share a little intel.

Last edited by a moderator:
Do you need to order the TPMS rebuild kit or the valve stems? Also, if you bought the tire and rim warranty from Tesla I assume you don't need to buy the Certificates for Refund or Replacement from them as well? That is a really good price so may order them and have Tesla install them.

I noticed Yokohama sells the ADVAN Sport in the 21" size too which I didn't know.

I got a set of 4 Continentals through Sears, but when they arrived at the local Sears, their district manager said there was absolutely no way they would attempt to install the tires.

Apparently they don't have a good track record with 21" tires .:tongue:

So, ended up having to take the tires to the Tesla service center, and pay them to swap the tires.

Still saved a ton of money over the quoted price for the same exact tires from Tesla.

Non-profit service? Yeah, right!

How much did that part (installation, including TPMS?) cost you?

'Tis useful for full cost evaluation compared to ordering via Tesla fully.

Thanks.

I thought the TPMS was on the rim.

America's Tire is matching the price and will install them for $20 each; they don't seem to be worried about it.

@Laalan: Thanks for the price from Sears, do you happen to have a link to share?

Just ordered them. Too good of a price to pass up with free shipping. I'll just pay Tesla to install them. I asked service last time I was there and brought a print-out of the screen. They said you could order without the TPMS repair kit or valve stems (just order the actual tire). I didn't get the warranty as I paid for that Tesla tire and rim warranty.

Does anyone know what the BSW at the end of

245/35R21 XL 96Y BSW

means? Tirerack has the 245/35R21 XL 96Y without the BSW at the end of their listing. Wanted to make sure I ordered the exact same tire. Thanks.

- - - Updated - - -

Looks like it means Black Side Wall so just a descriptor.

Sears has them cheaper but can never seem to actually order them from Sears.com.

Last edited:
Item is showing out of stock.

I've tried multiple times to order from Sears.com. It doesn't seem to let you add it to the cart and check out so I called them a few months ago and was told they don't have that item in stock. Not sure why it is on their website then. The link in the first post works and they have then in stock for $20 more per tires so not bad.

I've tried multiple times to order from Sears.com. It doesn't seem to let you add it to the cart and check out so I called them a few months ago and was told they don't have that item in stock. Not sure why it is on their website then. The link in the first post works and they have then in stock for $20 more per tires so not bad.

Item doesn't show as out of stock, at least not for me... but it says to order by phone, and doesn't give me an option to order on line either.

It also says this (in addition to the $204 price)
"ONLINE ONLY! Take $60 OFF $350 Automotive Purchase! Sold by Sears. Use code FUNRIDE. Offer ends 06-Jul-2013 See details"

I wonder if you call and say "I want to order online, but your system won't let me, can I still get the $60 off too?"

If so, that could be a screaming deal.

I was able to order these online about a month ago and had them installed at the Sears Cupertino store (took about a week to ship the tires out from GA, I was told). Paid about $215 base price per tire at the time and Sears tacked on disposal and road hazard insurance fees (the latter I think I could have opted out of). Anyway, they told me I was the first Model S with 21"s that the shop had done at the time but they did a pretty good job (Tim was the service tech, extremely nice guy), which was confirmed by Tesla after having my car serviced a few weeks later.