Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Best product for removing tree sap/bugs?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I like Optimum No Rinse (ONR)...the best product I have found to date for washing the exterior of any car. Follow the directions EXACTLY on the bottle and use first quality, clean microfiber towels to apply. I use the 8 oz/gal of water ratio for removing bugs and sap with a plush microfiber towel. Have used this stuff at car shows for years--great product.

And btw I have nothing to do with the company, just a satisfied user. :)

onrdilution.jpg

Thanks, actually I have the product and have watched the videos and followed the various "wash my car" threads. I have washed the car a couple of times and have been very happy with the results. I thought there might be a specific product for the sap. Now I see you have a bug ratio(quick detail) which I hadn't seen before. Good to know. Glad I asked..

I like Optimum No Rinse (ONR)...the best product I have found to date for washing the exterior of any car. Follow the directions EXACTLY on the bottle and use first quality, clean microfiber towels to apply. I use the 8 oz/gal of water ratio for removing bugs and sap with a plush microfiber towel. Have used this stuff at car shows for years--great product.

And btw I have nothing to do with the company, just a satisfied user. :)

onrdilution.jpg

Great post. Even 6 years later! Pine tree sap season starting here in Vermont. I'm going to try iso on spots of sap but have ordered ONR to try for washing car after removing any sap spots. Once ONR has the car clean and shiny, would then applying Hydro Silex Recharge coating be ok? I'm thinking that for 3 - 6 months that would make spray off washes to clear off dirt quick and easy. Thanks!