Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Best products for valeting my new M3?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I’m leasing my M3 so don’t want to go to the expense of ceramic coating etc, but I am a bit obsessive when it comes to keeping my car clean and shiny! To save me wasting money on products that don’t live up to their claims, what would you recommend for:
Washing/waxing
Windows - cleaning and keeping defogged
Wheels
Tyre shine (sorry, I just love shiny tyre rims!)
Any other hints and tips gratefully received. If you can say best place to buy too? Thanks. :cool:

It's a mine field! Lol

So far it's more about personal preference

I like Chemical guys products but are pricey also Auto finesse are great.

The old classic Autoglym still do great products

If not ceramic coating you can get mild versions of it that you spray on and wipe/spray off. I like Wetcoat by Gyeon, gives it a really deep shine and water beads for weeks.

Last edited:
Reactions: freekie
It's a mine field! Lol

So far it's more about personal preference

I like Chemical guys products but are pricey also Auto finesse are great.

The old classic Autoglym still do break products

If not ceramic coating you can get mild versions of it that you spray on and wipe/spray off. I like Wetcoat by Gyeon, gives it a really deep shine and water beads for weeks.
Yep, that’s what I’m learning! Thanks for the recommendations

I’m leasing my M3 so don’t want to go to the expense of ceramic coating etc, but I am a bit obsessive when it comes to keeping my car clean and shiny! To save me wasting money on products that don’t live up to their claims, what would you recommend for:
Washing/waxing
Windows - cleaning and keeping defogged
Wheels
Tyre shine (sorry, I just love shiny tyre rims!)
Any other hints and tips gratefully received. If you can say best place to buy too? Thanks. :cool:

Auto Finesse Snow Foam (jet wash and delivery adapter dispenser bottle needed) and also their ‘Aqua Guard’ works a treat, water ‘beads’ for 6-8 weeks like a Rainex application but for the whole car

• Helpful
Reactions: MelT3
One little thing that's impressed me is G1 clear glass.

Gtechniq - G1 ClearVision Smart Glass

Have had it on for weeks and still beads water off my windshield. If it seems to stop working a quick clean and it works again! One little pain is the wipers judder for about a week then it goes after that.
+1 for the G1. I have it on all my cars. Typically lasts a couple of years. I even have it on my bathroom shower screen.

• Helpful
Reactions: MelT3
Personally I stick with Autoglym products, as they all work nicely together. The only exception is I’ve treated the glass with Gtechniq G1, mainly because the Tesla wiper’s Auto setting is crap. Hopefully the next update will improve things.

I also find the interior glass fogs up quite a lot unless I constantly use the demist setting, so I’ve just used Rain-X Anti-Fog on the inside glass. Time will tell how effective it is.

I’ve just cleaned and polished the car with Autoglym stuff, and all I’ll do now is a snow foam or two-bucket wash followed with a spray of Autoglym Aquawax.

Reactions: davidmc
Stay out of Halfords and go to cleanyourcar.co.uk . The products have reviews against them so just go with them.

Why stay out of Halfords and use that site? That site is very expensive compared to Halfords identical items (I randomly picked handful of items to check), and thats before taking a further 10% off for AA discount and being able to walk in a pick up today and not pay extra for the privilege. Halfords price match and honour discounts on top of that and in store discounts.

For instance:

cleanyourcar.co.uk website
1 x Meguiars Clarity Glass Cleaner £9.95
1 x Meguiar's Hybrid Ceramic Wax 786ml £19.95
DPD express (cheapest) £4.96
Total £34.86

Halfords, click and collect 1 hour - pay at store
1 x Meguiars Perfect Clarity Glass Cleaner £8.40
1 x Meguiar's Hybrid Ceramic Wax 786ml £16

less 10% AA discount £2.44 (need to pay in store on collection)
Total £21.96

Also, quite frankly, Halfords is a high street shop that needs to be protected

For water beading I've not ever used anything that compares to BMW Hard Wax. The Tesla has inherited some from me previously owning a BMW - this product is brilliant! I am nearly out of it and I will be getting some more either off Amazon or BMW parts dept. Goes on like milky water and polishes off very easily with a microfibre cloth. Because of its consistency it goes a long way so lasts a long time - I've had my 375ml bottle for about 6 years! I would also recommend the BMW wheel cleaner which i've used up (small bottle) but with no brake dust, hot water, Fairy Liquid a sponge and toothbrush suffices. :cool:

ww.jpg

Why stay out of Halfords and use that site? That site is very expensive compared to Halfords identical items (I randomly picked handful of items to check), and thats before taking a further 10% off for AA discount and being able to walk in a pick up today and not pay extra for the privilege. Halfords price match and honour discounts on top of that and in store discounts.

For instance:

cleanyourcar.co.uk website
1 x Meguiars Clarity Glass Cleaner £9.95
1 x Meguiar's Hybrid Ceramic Wax 786ml £19.95
DPD express (cheapest) £4.96
Total £34.86

Halfords, click and collect 1 hour - pay at store
1 x Meguiars Perfect Clarity Glass Cleaner £8.40
1 x Meguiar's Hybrid Ceramic Wax 786ml £16

less 10% AA discount £2.44 (need to pay in store on collection)
Total £21.96

Also, quite frankly, Halfords is a high street shop that needs to be protected

Why ? Because there are better products out there than Halfords offer.

Of course they will offer Meguiars cheaper than cleanyourcar can because they have hundreds of stores so bulk buy in a way any other retailer can’t.