Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Best rubber trunk mat for Model S that allows access to storage underneath?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi All -

I am looking for a trunk mat that is rubber for protection against spills, mud from kids gear, etc. My wife has an acura and the mat in the back has "hinges" that allow for it to fold on itself and allow for the third row to come up. I wonder if there are tesla mats for the trunk that also have a hinge capability - to allow for easier access to the storage compartment underneath? All the mats I've looked at don't specifically discuss whether this is possible. I'd be thankful to hear from some owners who have all-weather mats, and whether they find it tough to access the storage or not? Many thanks!

The Tough Pro mat captures spills and messes quite well with its "honeycomb" style base. It's next to effortless to lift up the bottom panel to access the sub-compartment since there's a small cut-out for the handle to flow through.

Is the ToughPRO ... comfortable to stand on? My dog rides in the trunk with us frequently - and the Weathertech mats in my old S were great for her. This looks like it might not be as comfy for her - anyone have a pup who rides in the back on this?