TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Best Scan App for Tesla Data?

Discussion in 'Technical' started by jimbo69ny, Nov 2, 2019.

1. jimbo69ny

jimbo69ny Member

Hello,

I have a new Model X and I am wondering what the best scan app is. I would prefer IOS but I could buy a cheap android if its an android only app.

I've read that Scan My Tesla is a popular one. What about Torque? It looks like both of them are Android only apps so Id need to buy a tablet or phone.

Are they both bluetooth? I've had horrible luck finding an OBD2 bluetooth adapter that works with IOS so if you have one that you recommend please let me know.

Thanks!

2. Electric Dream

Electric Dream Pilots the Millennium Milkfloat

I've tried both (Model 3) and can only get SMT to work, although there's not a lot of help available to set it up and use it.
    I'm looking for an online tutorial, so if you find one let me know!

3. jimbo69ny

jimbo69ny Member

I just came across this thread. Maybe it will help you. Its 17 pages so it will take some time to read. I just started.
    Vendor - Scan My Tesla, a CANBUS reader for Android

4. Electric Dream

Electric Dream Pilots the Millennium Milkfloat

Yes I'm watching that thread but it still doesn't go into enough detail for what I need.

5. kartikiyer11

kartikiyer11 New Member

Hi,

I am new to the forum and am research on the Tesla Model 3. Could someone provide me with the ScanMyTesla csv format data that they have extracted. Would really help in my project. Let me know in case of any issues.