Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Best screen protector kit?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I don’t notice a huge reduction or alteration in video quality. Admittedly, I don’t watch a ton of Netflix in my car. The matte screen reduces a lot of reflections and also has a nice texture when you’re touching the screen. It’s probably one of my favorite aftermarket items I have purchased for my Y.

Is the matte noticeable when watching netflix or youtube videos? I understand it would help reduce any glare on the screen which would improve the visibility, but what about without glare? Does it noticeably degrade the picture quality?

The matte is MUCH better in my opinion. I have white interior and without it, it is practically impossible to watch anything with direct sunlight hitting the seats. With the matte, I barely notice the seats. Admittedly is does cut down on the brightness slightly, but not enough to say it makes it unwatchable. I am used to it now, and do not notice that big of a difference anymore.

Reactions: dbdb
20211224_171054.jpg

I went with the Spigen Matte finish protector via Amazon. Zero issues with it, and no reduction in clarity. No issues with wearing Polarized sunglasses either. The supplied plastic template makes it an "idiot proof" 5 minute install too.

View attachment 821877
Same... Even with their alignment tool, I was prepared to deal with fixing things post-install but it was perfect.

For me there is a slight loss of sharpness but the lack of glare, reduced fingerprint visibility and smooth touch make it one of my favorite accessories (I really like the MagBak charger as well).

I went with the Spigen Matte finish protector via Amazon. Zero issues with it, and no reduction in clarity. No issues with wearing Polarized sunglasses either. The supplied plastic template makes it an "idiot proof" 5 minute install too.

View attachment 821877
+1 on the Spigen. Tried a couple cheaper options first, but the Spigen screen is much higher quality and is way easier to install with the large frame.

Reactions: csrpenfab

View attachment 821877
I am starting to look at screen protectors to reduce fingerprint glare. (Aside: is “screen protection” even necessary? It’s not like a phone or tablet with screens that can shatter when dropped.) I like to keep my screen in dark mode, even in the day. However, the screen cannot be read in direct sunlight due to fingerprint glare.

For those who use dark mode in daytime and have either the Spigen or Abstract Ocean screen protectors, do these products help with screen visibility in direct sunlight? There are a few Spigen reviews which complain that the protector reduces visibility in dark more (for example, this one). I also wonder about the clear protector from AO, which claims to reduce fingerprints but is not advertised as “anti-glare.” Anyone with experience with that product in dark mode?

By the way, I’m a fan of Spigen products. I’ve used their iPhone and iPad cases for years. Good quality products and reasonable prices. I would assume their screen protectors are of similar quality, and the reviews look good. I’m just trying to figure out if this is the right product for me.

I am starting to look at screen protectors to reduce fingerprint glare. (Aside: is “screen protection” even necessary? It’s not like a phone or tablet with screens that can shatter when dropped.) I like to keep my screen in dark mode, even in the day. However, the screen cannot be read in direct sunlight due to fingerprint glare.

For those who use dark mode in daytime and have either the Spigen or Abstract Ocean screen protectors, do these products help with screen visibility in direct sunlight? There are a few Spigen reviews which complain that the protector reduces visibility in dark more (for example, this one). I also wonder about the clear protector from AO, which claims to reduce fingerprints but is not advertised as “anti-glare.” Anyone with experience with that product in dark mode?

By the way, I’m a fan of Spigen products. I’ve used their iPhone and iPad cases for years. Good quality products and reasonable prices. I would assume their screen protectors are of similar quality, and the reviews look good. I’m just trying to figure out if this is the right product for me.
Its more to protect it against bumps or scratches. Imagine you pull out your laptop and knock the screen or scratching it with a ring.

I can't talk about dark mode during the daytime or the matte screen protector because I have the spigen glossy protector. It hides fingerprints really well (might be different if you have greasy fingers) and there's no noticeable glare even with the white interior. You would definitely see the fingerprints with dark mode during the daytime though

Reactions: pepperoni
Its more to protect it against bumps or scratches. Imagine you pull out your laptop and knock the screen or scratching it with a ring.

I can't talk about dark mode during the daytime or the matte screen protector because I have the spigen glossy protector. It hides fingerprints really well (might be different if you have greasy fingers) and there's no noticeable glare even with the white interior. You would definitely see the fingerprints with dark mode during the daytime though
Same here. I don’t use dark mode, but the matte protector nixed the annoying fingerprints. Day two of my MYP and the wife smacked the screen with her IPhone by accident. Protector at least provides a bit of protection.

There are occasions when it's hard to see the screen when the sun shines through the passenger side window directly on it. That is a fairly rare occurrence though. No issue when the sun comes through the sunroof.

I put the screen protector on right after I got the car, two years ago, so I'm not sure how the visibility compares to before I put it on.

Reactions: pepperoni