Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Best screen protector kit?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I got the matte protector from abstract ocean. Easy to install, and glad I went with matte over glossy - really helps reduce the glare and cuts down significantly on the fingerprints. I also got the all in one screen cleaner which has microfiber sides so you just spray and wipe all on the same apparatus. Super easy and works great as well.

x2 on everything above, plus this one allows your finger to glide over it like silk. Definitely recommend.

Just installed the matte from AO. Great quality. The frame makes install a snap.

Huge improvement. No glare/reflections or fingerprints.

When my second MY comes I’m installing another without question.

ETA: Teslarati sells the AO protector.

Perfect, thanks for confirming. Where did you get the all in one screen cleaner? Also from Abstract Ocean? Looks like they are out of stock on the matte screen protector so will have to get it at Teslarati for a whole $2 more.

yep screen cleaner also from AO, $10 or right around there I believe. Also got the vinyl kit in matrix black to cover up the stock piano black center console. Again no more fingerprints, or scratches and it looks better imo. Install for this isn’t hard just requires patience and good prep work. I’d recommend to any new Y owner

I am on the waiting list for the Matte screen protector, also from AO.
Here is why I want it. The glare is absolutely terrible with the sun hitting the white seats.

Attachments

• 20200724_065557.jpg
    20200724_065557.jpg
    334.7 KB · Views: 850
I just installed the HD one from AO (with the frame) and it seems it reduced the sensitivity around the trip computer cards. I have to press much firmer to get a swipe and often it takes a second swipe to complete the action. Is this normal?

I just installed the HD one from AO (with the frame) and it seems it reduced the sensitivity around the trip computer cards. I have to press much firmer to get a swipe and often it takes a second swipe to complete the action. Is this normal?

Have you rebooted since install? We had some weirdness after install, and a reboot solved it. IIRC, AO mentions the reboot thing in the install video.

• Helpful
Reactions: angus[Y]oung
I am on the waiting list for the Matte screen protector, also from AO.
Here is why I want it. The glare is absolutely terrible with the sun hitting the white seats.

Thats a lot of glare. I was concerned about the white dash strip reflecting on the windows and didn't even think about the seats reflecting on the screen. I'm glad I decided on black. (The white do look very nice though.)