Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Best service experience ever so far!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I had the first service experience with my Model S P85 #6025 ever the last 2 days and it was the best service experience I have ever had as a car owner! It started with Tesla e-mailing me with "updates" that should be performed, news to me, as I have had very few problems with the car since pick-up from Fremont factory last March. Anyway, I agreed to drop the car off on Tuesday at Las Vegas service center, where a black on black P85+ "loaner" was made available to me until my car was completed.(Very little difference in handling and ride between standard P85 and + P85 in my opinion, + version a little tighter and noisier, biggest difference is more rear wheel stability on hard accelerations in the + car. I would have paid $1-2,000 for upgrade, but $6500! more is only good for someone who doesn't need their money. Glad to have my car back and my $6500!)
I have owned Lexus, Mercedes-Benz, Porsche, Cadillac, Infiniti, Audi, VW, Honda, BMW, and a few other autos and this was the first time my "loaner" was as nice as my personal car. Porsche was the only make that has been as pro-active at replacing and upgrading parts they felt were not up to par as Tesla has been so far. The car is so good I am giddy about driving it everyday, but to have service that stands behind the product so well and go the extra mile to make your ownership experience as good as possible is almost unheard of today. I have bought cars based on great service experiences before, as I don't have time in my schedule to hassle with poor service or unreliable cars. Tesla has a great product that has been very reliable for me so far, (only 5,550 miles), but the convenience and courtesy of the service staff was as good as I have had in my ownership experience. I wish I had bought more stock! I hope all your interactions with Tesla service are as positive as my first was, and enjoy your cars.

Excellent news on service staff.

Regarding P+, I think the P+ is a steal for $6500 more. I came out of a 911, so the dynamics offered on + were very different than regular P to me (I could tell the difference). I drove both and yes, there is a big difference (if you are use to that kind of suspension, handling, etc). Regular P had more sway and felt more like a boat vs a planted car. So at the end of the day if you are spending $100K, another $6500 to get the top of the line really is negligible.

That's awesome how they took care of you--sounds like a great crew in LV!

Excellent news on service staff.

Regarding P+, I think the P+ is a steal for $6500 more. I came out of a 911, so the dynamics offered on + were very different than regular P to me (I could tell the difference). I drove both and yes, there is a big difference (if you are use to that kind of suspension, handling, etc). Regular P had more sway and felt more like a boat vs a planted car. So at the end of the day if you are spending $100K, another $6500 to get the top of the line really is negligible.

That's awesome how they took care of you--sounds like a great crew in LV!

Plus suspension option is definitely more "planted" to the road, if it was $1-2,000 upgrade, it would be a steal. The difference in everyday driving for me though is not anywhere close to being worth the extra $6500. I do not and will probably never track the car and at decent, safe speeds in city and highway driving the handling of my current P85 meets or exceeds the car I sold when I got my MS, a 2010 Porsche Panamera 4S with air suspension and 20" wheels with Michelin Pilot Sports. The road feel is better with + option and the stability of the rear-end is definitely better under hard accelerations, there is also slightly flatter cornering behavior. Road noise is significantly worse though and ride over poor pavement is worse, more "bouncy". Both suspensions are better than most everything else out there and it is nice to have the option to upgrade if you want firmer, sports car type handling or less noise and smoother ride. I wondered after driving both suspensions how much of a difference the increased rear wheel width and Michelin tires added to the rear end stability? When I need new tires in 15,000 miles, I may get Michelins and try a "partial" upgrade looking for something in between the 2 current set-ups. Thanks for the reply texex91, by the way, I am also a Texas Ex, UT at Houston '90 Med School grad. Hook 'em horns!

Plus suspension option is definitely more "planted" to the road, if it was $1-2,000 upgrade, it would be a steal. The difference in everyday driving for me though is not anywhere close to being worth the extra $6500. I do not and will probably never track the car and at decent, safe speeds in city and highway driving the handling of my current P85 meets or exceeds the car I sold when I got my MS, a 2010 Porsche Panamera 4S with air suspension and 20" wheels with Michelin Pilot Sports. The road feel is better with + option and the stability of the rear-end is definitely better under hard accelerations, there is also slightly flatter cornering behavior. Road noise is significantly worse though and ride over poor pavement is worse, more "bouncy". Both suspensions are better than most everything else out there and it is nice to have the option to upgrade if you want firmer, sports car type handling or less noise and smoother ride. I wondered after driving both suspensions how much of a difference the increased rear wheel width and Michelin tires added to the rear end stability? When I need new tires in 15,000 miles, I may get Michelins and try a "partial" upgrade looking for something in between the 2 current set-ups. Thanks for the reply texex91, by the way, I am also a Texas Ex, UT at Houston '90 Med School grad. Hook 'em horns!

Hook'em is right class of '87.

Regarding ride, I'm just use to a 911 4S ride, so + was for me. I hear you on extra cost, but for $6500 who cares (come on Doc). And I think for me, I've always been one to want the top of the line--for good or bad (bad for the bank account for sure :biggrin:)

In LV 4-5 times a year--need to see more P's at Mandarin Oriental--always just Ferrari's in front--HA!

Hook'em is right class of '87.

Regarding ride, I'm just use to a 911 4S ride, so + was for me. I hear you on extra cost, but for $6500 who cares (come on Doc). And I think for me, I've always been one to want the top of the line--for good or bad (bad for the bank account for sure :biggrin:)

In LV 4-5 times a year--need to see more P's at Mandarin Oriental--always just Ferrari's in front--HA!

Funny! I hear ya, once you are at $100k, what's another few grand right! Lot's of high rollers at Mandarin, and Ferrari posers. I'll take my MS P85 over those unreliable gas guzzlers any day.
We have over 100 MS in town already, so I am sure you'll see a few on your next trip. We Tesla owners meet every month, 2nd Sunday at Don De Marco's restaurant in Summerlin. Come join us if you are ever out at that time.

Funny! I hear ya, once you are at $100k, what's another few grand right! Lot's of high rollers at Mandarin, and Ferrari posers. I'll take my MS P85 over those unreliable gas guzzlers any day.
We have over 100 MS in town already, so I am sure you'll see a few on your next trip. We Tesla owners meet every month, 2nd Sunday at Don De Marco's restaurant in Summerlin. Come join us if you are ever out at that time.

Haha--posers in Vegas, I can't imagine :cool:

I hope the Austin group meets once a month as well--I'll have to find out.

100 MS is a nice amount for sure!

Stay cool out there (like it's any cooler in Texas--HA!)