Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Best Service Visit EVER!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I guess I'll need to change my Club Forum profile picture! I brought my MS60 in for service the other day to correct a microphone problem I was having - solved. Imagine my surprise when I picked up my MS60 and found that it had become a MS75. Yup. My battery and range were changed w/o request and w/o cost to me. They're even replacing my 60 badging with new 75 badging (No Complaints - Thanks Tesla). Has this happened to anyone else?
Had a similar experience when picking up my 70D. I never could get an answer on how much it would cost to upgrade. I asked the persone upfront and they indicated it would be about $5K. I told them I would wait. When I got in the car and saw the dash indicating I was in a 75D. I asked was this something I was paying for? They went in the back and came and told me no extra charge. Great experience the first day with my vehicle and continues today.

Did the service centers tell you in any way why they upgraded your batteries? I assume both are software upgrades/unlocks, not replacements.

I am currently trying to pay to upgrade my MX 60D, but it's temporarily a 75D due to the California wildfires. Wondering if I should just wait.

Had my first SC appointment today with the 2014 MS60 I bought last month. I was getting the 12v battery warning. They replaced 12v battery and completed a couple of recall issues (airbag, etc). I asked the service advisor if my 60 qualified for an upgrade to a 75. He said it did but it has to be done via the “Manage” page and only when Tesla offers it from time to time. Sigh...