Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Best smartwatch recommendation?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
something that gives tesla app notifications or BT unlock etc.

Ideally non apple. Thx!

I.m.o., the one that feels most like a watch would be the samsung watch. Easy to use and clear notifications (and fab screen). Especially if you use an apple phone, stick with the new Samsung Watch with Tizen 4. Older ones, albeit prettier, have Tizen 3, draw the battery down far too quick and drop the bluetooth connection often.

Another option would be the Garmins. Solid bluetooth, much longer battery life, stable but less polished software and transflective screen (always on but crummy looking vs something as vibrant as Samsung or Apple). Also, unless you’re into extreme fitness, too expensive for what they are.

Then there’s always Apple. Stable software, good screen and stable connection. Very generic looking and fiddly software and interaction. I find it to be less a watch and more a mini-iphone for the wrist. 180 degrees vs the Samsung approach, i.m.o.

Other than having looked at a few, I have no experience with Android watches, can’t offer any comment on those.

• Informative
Reactions: vickh
I like to suggest Apple Watches to everyone who asks. Not because I own or use one, but because I'm a shareholder. ;)

Other than my Tesla's, I tend to spend very little on tech. I personally have an Amazfit Bip which I picked up for $55 on sale. The watch only provides for notifications from a BT connected phone - no other input mechanisms. The simplicity of it means it gets about 30 days on a charge - that battery life really cannot be beat!

I use it for call and app alerts from my phone (an Android). Thus, it can display notifications from the Tesla App. It works exactly for my use cases and the price was right.

• Informative
It depends on your eco system. Apple and RemoteS; Android and whatever works there. I wouldn't pick a system based just on a watch app. Your phone will dictate how you go. I used a Pebble for the longest time and then it was self-killed by selling its IP but not the hardware. I have an iPhone, so I spent the money on Remote S, which offers more than the Tesla app AND has a watch app. Full disclosure I own stock in Apple, Tesla, and Alphabet; so grain of salt.

• Informative
I like to suggest Apple Watches to everyone who asks. Not because I own or use one, but because I'm a shareholder. ;)

Other than my Tesla's, I tend to spend very little on tech. I personally have an Amazfit Bip which I picked up for $55 on sale. The watch only provides for notifications from a BT connected phone - no other input mechanisms. The simplicity of it means it gets about 30 days on a charge - that battery life really cannot be beat!

I use it for call and app alerts from my phone (an Android). Thus, it can display notifications from the Tesla App. It works exactly for my use cases and the price was right.

price is right, but I would like to have some tesla app functionality