TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Best SoCal Service Center?

Discussion in 'Model S' started by mhw23, Jan 24, 2017.

1. mhw23

mhw23 Member

Hi everyone, for those of you in LA, which service center is the best in your experience? I've only been to Burbank and it was ok.

2. DA808EV

DA808EV Member

Van Nuys location is the best experience I've had. Those guys there are great.

3. NikeWings

NikeWings Active Member

I toggle between Centinela and Palm Springs. Above & beyond service from both. Just sit for a few minutes and listen to all the attitudes that walk thru the door...... be kind, the return is immeasurable. ;)

• Like x 1
  4. DrComputer

DrComputer Member

All of the service centers are pretty good. It's more about who your service writer is than which service center you use. Unfortunately, many of the good ones have moved on to other careers. Katie Spalliero and Carlos Marroquin at Van Nuys are both good at communicating and staying on top of things.

5. AEdennis

AEdennis Active Member

I've had service in many of the centers (Van Nuys, West LA, Torrance, Costa Mesa) and they're all pretty good. I haven't been to Burbank or Buena Park. But have no doubts that they'll take care of you too. It's just a function of getting things scheduled.

6. caltechkid

caltechkid Member

Avoid San Diego.

7. spentan

spentan Active Member

San Diego services my fleet. They are nice, have been great for us, but are severely overflowing with cars.

We desperately need a north county SD or south OC service center.

Personally I usually go to Costa Mesa and if they can't schedule me in a timely manner, I deal with Buena Park.

8. msnow

msnow Active Member

For me #1 Van Nuys, #2 Santa Barbara

9. mhw23

mhw23 Member

Thanks for all of the replies thus far. I haven't had terrible experience with Burbank, and I'm not one of those overly demanding customers, but the availability of appointments and some communications issues leave me wondering if that is the "norm" for a Tesla SC.

10. Watts Son

Watts Son Member

Only experience has been with Van Nuys but they went above and beyond. Easy parking, pretty big facility, they were saying how crazy it might get with M3 so hopefully there's a contingency plan because that will get seriously crazy.

11. NAVALARCHITECT

Hows the OC center?

12. AEdennis

AEdennis Active Member

There are now two in the OC. Costa Mesa and Buena Park...

13. I would agree, North County San Diego would be a great location for another service center. Lots of Tesla owners up here

14. jlucero

jlucero Member

West La experience was ok, the few service people i dealt with there were slightly apathetic in their demeanor....had much better in dallas. the west LA store is TINY!!

15. SDFan13

SDFan13 Member

Tried to make an appointment at the SD Service Center today.. booked until Feb 21st! Called Costa Mesa, had availability next week.

Another vote for a North County SD Service Center!

• Like x 1