Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

best solution

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Solution
First this is easy. I've done six so far. But questions to ck off.
Where is breaker box? Pray nearby, no matter. Run wire
Have empty double blank to install new CB? Put 50 amp there. Buy at HD
U need 14.50 receptical box from HD.
Rolloff 3, 6 copper wire.
Watch YouTube videos. Total cost between 110 to 200
Don't need to waste money on Tesla charger.
This is not rocket science. But pain in the butt. My electrician buddy does two a day.
Honestly, very easy. Pulling cable can be real pain.
Good luck
First this is easy. I've done six so far. But questions to ck off.
Where is breaker box? Pray nearby, no matter. Run wire
Rolloff 3, 6 copper wire.
Watch YouTube videos. Total cost between 110 to 200
This is not rocket science. But pain in the butt. My electrician buddy does two a day.
Honestly, very easy. Pulling cable can be real pain.
Good luck

Upvote 0
Solution
thank you. i was able to clear a few things out and i can now reach the outlet but it chargers roughly 3 miles an hour. so overnight it did about 60 miles. is that normal? or should it be more power coming from the outlet it’s plugged in. and should i still do what you advised.

Upvote 0
Be careful giving unclear or bad advice here. If someone is going to install an outlet to plug into for EV charging, code now requires that it use a really expensive and hard to find GFCI breaker, which you probably can't get at Home Depot.

i plan on getting the tesla wall charger
This is the main reason why most of us are recommending to just go with the wall connector now. It does not require that expensive annoying GFCI breaker and can just use a normal breaker you can get easily, and that won't have the nuisance tripping problems that GFCI breakers sometimes have.

Because of that big difference in the cost of the breaker, there is almost no cost difference anymore. Tesla gives a $200 voucher now with new car delivery, which can either get you the mobile charging cable for free, or the wall connector for $200 more. Since the stupid breaker is about $130 extra of that (if you do 14-50 outlet), it's not much to just do the wall connector.

Upvote 0