Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Best Song for Premium Audio?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I can't flat out disagree with you because I have never heard the Bose in a Leaf but.... I've had several of their systems in various cars including my last Vette and they leave a lot, A LOT to be desired. Lacked power all around especially the low end. I mean when there are sayings about the system like 'Blowse' and 'no highs, no lows, must be Bose' I would think it is hard to argue but maybe you found the needle in the haystack.

Keeping on the subject matter I really liked how this sounded in the Tesla-

I'm on board with this assessment. Had Bose in Porsche Macan that "blowse" compared to this one; likewise someone dissed this compared to Audi A3 B&O which I also had; that one is closer and dependent on material, but for classical I found the midrange in the Audi to be "peaky" and somewhat annoying on strings. The M3 also beats the HK systems in my two most recent BMW's: E90 M3 and 1M

Reactions: byeLT4
I can't flat out disagree with you because I have never heard the Bose in a Leaf but.... I've had several of their systems in various cars including my last Vette and they leave a lot, A LOT to be desired. Lacked power all around especially the low end. I mean when there are sayings about the system like 'Blowse' and 'no highs, no lows, must be Bose' I would think it is hard to argue but maybe you found the needle in the haystack.

Keeping on the subject matter I really liked how this sounded in the Tesla-

Nice pick! Bela is not only amazing musician, he is very picky about sound on recordings and live performances. This one really shows off a wide range of dynamics and timbres.; no to mention, a fun listen.

This.

Seriously, I tried Rachmaninoff etc. and though Tesla M3 has a good audio for a car, it sucks compared to pretty much any more serious sound system. Sorry. Piano sounds like a continuum of blah. And I only compare it to my old Athena main speakers. If you like bass, go ahead turn on "Bad guy" Billie Eilish and enjoy. If you like music, don't expect much of ANY car audio.

And, of course, the classic of audiophiles, the immortal Bohemian Rhapsody

And I tried the real Bohemian Rhapsody just now on both M3 and my Athena speakers. Sorry. You don't need 22 or whatever speakers for a quality sound. 2 is enough, and those have no room to be placed inside a car. A car is for riding/driving, an audio system is to listening music.

Last edited:
as an audiophile, I honestly don’t know what the hell he’s talking about. The M3 system is pretty amazing for a car.

it doesn’t match my home system nor the fidelity of my 1k+ Sennheiser headphones but then again that would be asking for something ridiculous.

Finally! And even though way better than any car audio, my Bose headphones are inferior to an average floor speakers system such as Klipsch or Def. Tech. and I don't even start on real Hi-Fi audio yet. ... BTW, when I watched Interstellar film with my subwoofer I though the house is about to collapse. If you can play Interstellar with original sound, that will be a good Sub test .. I haven't done it in my M3.

Sorry. You don't need 22 or whatever speakers for a quality sound.

Yup, more isn't always better. Rarely in car audio. Unless you are just looking for crazy SPL. I used to work at an audio shop, I've leaned so much since then, but I still miss those days :)

Hopefully Tesla did it right and didn't just throw more speakers and more power in there.

If youre looking to measure bass, nothing beats the following two songs. Dont beleive me? Try them at 70% volume and bass on 8+. Let me know in a reply.

NOTE: Explicit rap so... dont play with your 5 year old if you dont want them into that sort of thing LOL

Lets see
Blue sky, whippen post - Almond brothers
Sweet judy blue eyes - CSNY
eightteen, schools out Alice Cooper
Love Train - set the mood folks
Breakfast at tiffinys
Anything Santana

After 3 months of lockdown, the sound of a beer being
poured at a bar, and having to pay full price.

If you have a hot partner in the car, all music sounds great.
Sorry cant be bothered, lockdown TNT's are free til midnight.
Every mistake we must surly be learning, while ......

Last edited:
Finally! And even though way better than any car audio, my Bose headphones are inferior to an average floor speakers system such as Klipsch or Def. Tech. and I don't even start on real Hi-Fi audio yet. ... BTW, when I watched Interstellar film with my subwoofer I though the house is about to collapse. If you can play Interstellar with original sound, that will be a good Sub test .. I haven't done it in my M3.

i think something that people have to recognize is that driver quality, amp watts and placement isn’t the whole picture. We have to take into account the car itself which has a lot of glass and open space to reflect sounds in weird ways. As long as the design isn’t... a black box with acoustic foam instead of a panoramic roof, we’re going to have imperfect audio. But like I said, for a car made of glass, it’s amazing

Reactions: alexgr and byeLT4
I'm new to both my Model 3 (one month tomorrow) and to this forum (first post here), but I found this bumped thread very interesting. I'm not an audiophile - I get by at home with a Sonos system around the house. But, I greatly enjoy the sound of my car's system. I had an Acura before this with a premium sound system, and this is way better, plus the interface makes it easy. Anyway, about the topic of the thread, what I've found sounds great on this system is a combo of brass and bass, with some sense of space, like a good concert hall recording of Fanfare for the Common Man. It's good driving music, too.

The premium audio system is one of the best on the market. What songs, in your opinion, show off the capabilities of this system the best?

Explain why

Here are my picks:

Drake - Nonstop: Its continuous powerful bass without distorting the vocals

Smashing Pumpkins - Cherub Rock: Complex midrange that shows the clarity of this system at high volumes. In lower quality systems, this song can easily get distorted.
How do you guys play the songs? My songs are 320 kbs aac via Bluetooth.