Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Best supercharging times la <~> sf roadtrip

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It's funny that people crush into LA Superchargers, and yet when I go to the Free SoCalEd DCFCs that are littered all over the LA basin I never wait, well, once, but it wasn't long. Even the AAA free chargers are almost always empty. Perhaps that will begin to change now that good CCS cars are hitting the market.
I m just waiting for Teslas CCS adaptors to be sold in US so I can use non-Tesla EV charging as a back up on road trips.

There was a long time where you could get them easily, I paid $309 delivered in 10 days for mine from Tesla, via Korea. They are still available, brand new, unopened, on eBay, but Oh, the Markup!
I paid the same. Not sure if I will every use it. But if some day and stormy night CCS1 is the only charging option I will be glad I have mine.

But, before anyone buys one, be sure your car can logically support it. Verify in the menu that your car has have CCS combability enabled. Otherwise, you have $300 paperweight. :eek:

I paid the same. Not sure if I will every use it. But if some day and stormy night CCS1 is the only charging option I will be glad I have mine.

But, before anyone buys one, be sure your car can logically support it. Verify in the menu that your car has have CCS combability enabled. Otherwise, you have $300 paperweight. :eek:
Can you please elaborate on how to tell if my 2021 MY LR can support CCS and how to enable it?

On the most recent software updates you should be able to go into the Settings window in your Tesla and choose Software and then Additional Vehicle Information.

If your car is 2021 and it doesn't support it, you got bit by the chip shortages, but if you can lay your hands on the Tesla CCS ECU, either you or Tesla can install it. Part is around $150, I installed it myself, just unscrew and unplug the old one and do the reverse with the new one after pulling the trunk carpet down covering the charge port inlet in your car.