Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Best Suspension replacement for the MY?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Everyone wanting to lower their suspension, but others doing much more interesting things for increasing ride height. You guys go, would be fantastic for you to capture the not insignificant overlander market as well as the usual ho hum go faster sector! All the things and power to you. Nice to confound expectations and offer up alternatives. How about a lovely air suspenson package like the Landrover product line? Would be nice to be able to ride through a little bit of water like they do... and then lower it for sport/highway use, like most European stuff does.

Reactions: CT7Summits
I'm guessing the KW shocks are that good?
From KW’s site

KW automotive GmbH is a commercial partner and also the partner of various motor sports teams. For the high-performance prestige products by Mercedes-AMG – SLK 55, CLK 63 and SL 65 AMG Black Series – KW has developed a special suspension that meets the high demands that Mercedes-AMG requires.

For some years, KW has been the official developer and production partner of Roush Performance from the United States. KW automotive GmbH equips all high-performance Ford Mustang models by Roush with KW sports suspension solutions in different variations. KW automotive also cooperates with MOPAR Performance whose Viper SRT10 ACR had entered the market in 2007.

The race car which has 600 hp and is only available in a limited edition, is based on the 2008 Dodge Viper and is equipped with a KW coilover suspension that was specially developed for Chrysler.

Chiming in here with 2 cents. I can share my experience with Unplugged Performance’s new “Luxury” coilovers that were recently fitted to my wife’s new Model Y Performance. She had noted the harsh feel of the stock suspension, which seems to be a fairly common. I’m in the so-cal area and decided to have the pros take care of the install at their shop in Hawthorne right next to Space X, the Tesla design center and supercharger. Their website has a link to get referrals if you’re outside the area. They made drop off and check-in a breeze, especially with COVID-friendly precautions that were almost touchless. They knocked it about half a day and worked with us to determine preference for ride height. They provided photos of setup and followed up to make sure we were satisfied. Real solid customer service that kept us updated along the way. The payoff is amazing.! Smooth as glass at low and fwy speeds and softens those harsh jolts, but I was expecting a trade-off on overall handling. I anticipated added body roll and some delay in response when turning in or changing direction. Zero, zip, squat. I don’t sense any trade-off at all. It is the best of both worlds IMHO. Their kit is adjustable and the remote knobs under the frunk top cover are convenient, although they have them setup so well we don’t see the need to adjust anything now. Highly recommended.!1

Chiming in here with 2 cents. I can share my experience with Unplugged Performance’s new “Luxury” coilovers that were recently fitted to my wife’s new Model Y Performance. She had noted the harsh feel of the stock suspension, which seems to be a fairly common. I’m in the so-cal area and decided to have the pros take care of the install at their shop in Hawthorne right next to Space X, the Tesla design center and supercharger. Their website has a link to get referrals if you’re outside the area. They made drop off and check-in a breeze, especially with COVID-friendly precautions that were almost touchless. They knocked it about half a day and worked with us to determine preference for ride height. They provided photos of setup and followed up to make sure we were satisfied. Real solid customer service that kept us updated along the way. The payoff is amazing.! Smooth as glass at low and fwy speeds and softens those harsh jolts, but I was expecting a trade-off on overall handling. I anticipated added body roll and some delay in response when turning in or changing direction. Zero, zip, squat. I don’t sense any trade-off at all. It is the best of both worlds IMHO. Their kit is adjustable and the remote knobs under the frunk top cover are convenient, although they have them setup so well we don’t see the need to adjust anything now. Highly recommended.!1

Wow, that's great to hear! Thanks