Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Best Suspension replacement for the MY?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
For someone who has not installed coilovers - can I reasonably DiY this install? I have been eyeing your coilovers and projecting to install on MYP and future LR AWD Y.

Kudos to DIYers who can change the suspension. It would freak me out too much if I will mess it up in any way especially since my family will be riding in there.

That's why I DIY. After seeing how many times the "pros" screw up and cut corners, I only trust the work if I did it.

Suspension is SO easy once you've done it a couple of times. If you can rotate your tires and change your oil (on a conventional motor vehicle) and you have the proper tools, its a peace of cake. Usually 4-5 bolts per corner. Just take your time the first time, make sure you use jack stands and a spring compressor if needed.

Reactions: RoBoRaT
Got the coils installed today (finally) comfort / luxury (Unplugged) . Ride much better like a real car...but the acceleration is much less pronounced...and I have the AB. Guess I should have thought about that, may take it to a more stiffer settings.
Ignore this....my car guy after installation put it into Chill mode and I didn't realize it -- back to fast (and more smooth).

• Funny
Reactions: MikeInFL
Worth the money? How much was it with install? Thanks

In my opinion yes...but it's not magical, but closer now to a Toyota Tacoma I rode in. As noted in other posts do you do the AB or the coils and which do you prioritize? I got the AB first (which to me was amazing and way worth it). The ride on some of the side streets in Dallas is so rough. It's really sharp jolts so I got the coils. If I only drove on smooth CA highways maybe it wouldn't be so bad. It was a multi month wait to get them from UnPlugged.....Apex in Dallas installed them. They are terrific by the way. It was $811 including tax. So $200 a wheel. I also had them smoke the headlights which was the finally mod/tat I'm doing (I think)