Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Best Suspension replacement for the MY?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Our coilover installation instructions include both spring perch and damper settings so there is no guessing game. I have spent too many hours adjusting coilovers that didn't come with any instructions to do that to our customers!

For someone who has not installed coilovers - can I reasonably DiY this install? I have been eyeing your coilovers and projecting to install on MYP and future LR AWD Y.

I like thinkering with it - I do my tire rotations, installed auto frunk, HomeLink, disassemble/reinstalled bumper/panels...never suspension tho.

You should be good if you take your time. This is a really good video on installation instructions. It will also give you a better idea of the amount of work involved. Hope this helps:

• Helpful
Reactions: RNHurt and RoBoRaT
Thanks @gundarx and @UnpluggedP .
1) Does the dirt and lift kit leave the adjustment knobs exposed in the frunk like shown for the racing coilovers?
2) Is it possible, safe and recommended to get a total of 2... 2.4 inches lift? trying to get above the baseline of 6.6 to a total of 8.5..9 in ballpark. Drive a ton in deep muddy roads with deep ruts and cross streams regularly.

Reactions: PNWLeccy
alignments are typically $80-120, which you would probably want to do regardless if you do an aftermarket suspension. It appears the alignment on Model Ys straight from the factory can be out of spec.

Totally true. Mine was. I drove it off the pick up center and realized the steering wheel was off. I drove it right back and made them do an alignment and it was off. Did not instill confidence with my wife and father in law who came with me to pick it up.

The sales supervisor told me that they had someone drive it around before pick up and there was no issues. Seriously?!

Totally true. Mine was. I drove it off the pick up center and realized the steering wheel was off. I drove it right back and made them do an alignment and it was off. Did not instill confidence with my wife and father in law who came with me to pick it up.

The sales supervisor told me that they had someone drive it around before pick up and there was no issues. Seriously?!
Paramus or Cherry Hill?

When I picked up my LR from Fremont the trip computer had a couple long very high-power runs on it. I think they may have took it out to their local test track and ran it hard.

You should be good if you take your time. This is a really good video on installation instructions. It will also give you a better idea of the amount of work involved. Hope this helps:

Lesdodis!

Screenshot_20210219-053239_Gmail.jpg

Reactions: MODEL+ and pt19713