Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Best system for monitoring HV battery balance, voltages, and capacity?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Bull

Chatting is great, just don't shoot the Bull.
Supporting Member
Oct 25, 2020
Tucson, AZ
I have a 2021 MS Plaid and have a couple concerns. When we could still access DynoTest mode I could see that my supposedly 100kWh pack only had 94kWh. I can no longer see that or my pack voltages and balance due to being locked out of DynoTest mode. My range has been dropping lately and is now 255 miles at 80% which is similar to my TeslaFi estimated range of 324 at 100%.

What is the current best system to monitor and display these and other areas? I see that some use ScanMyTesla for Android but I'm iPhone and it seems that version is limited. Can someone point me toward the optimal setup? If there is something going on I would like to have the info before I approach Tesla.

From what I have read, 5% loss in the first year, more or less, is normal. Then it levels off. In any event, Tesla will likely not do anything about it free unless there is a problem identified until the battery degrades to under 75% during the first 4 years (during the full warranty period of the car). Tesla battery data shows path to over 500,000 miles on a single pack
I agree but still want to get all the info to be sure nothing else is going on. The pic below shows the drop off. The range should have going up as the weather warmed up but it got worse. Plus the capacity was low from the start. This was a very early build (June 3, 2021) and there were more battery issues then.

battery_test.png

Reactions: DerbyDave