Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Best Tesla Apps/Tweaks

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
All,

First time Tesla Model S owner as of Friday this week and wondering what the best apps are for charging, statistics, etc. Also interested in all things that I can tweak to make the Tesla even better than it already is.

Thank you,

Ryan

1. The Tesla App
  2. Remote S (assuming you're an iOS user, and optionally works great on an Apple Watch)
If you care about monitoring MS statistics, do a few searches... a number of options in that regard as well. The "User Interface" subforum is where most of these sort of subjects are.

Congrats a little early on that new MS!

Last edited:
Here is my (overly extensive) list, in order of frequency of use:

What are your favorites?

1. Tesla Motors: Tesla Motors on the App Store

2. Remote S for Tesla: Remote S for Tesla on the App Store

3. KeyMote for Tesla Model S: KeyMote for Tesla Model S & Model X on the App Store

6. App For Tesla (My Tesla Forum Clubs): App For Tesla on the App Store

7. Supercharges for Tesla: Superchargers For Tesla on the App Store

8. PlugShare: PlugShare on the App Store

9. ChargePoint: ChargePoint: Electric Vehicle Charging On the Go on the App Store

Thinking about these:

Summon Tesla - from Apple Watch: Summon Tesla - from Apple Watch on the App Store

ConnecTT for Tesla: ConnecTT For Tesla on the App Store

Don't have this one (bad reviews and $50 is a bit much.)

Supercharger Map Road Trip Planner for Tesla EV Owners: Supercharger Map Road Trip Planner for Tesla EV Owners on the App Store

Probably not much need for this one:

PowerTools For Tesla: PowerTools For Tesla on the App Store

Here is my (overly extensive) list, in order of frequency of use:

What are your favorites?

{snip}

Wow. Impressive list. I had no idea there were so many Tesla apps.

BTW, as was noted earlier, a bunch of the apps are Apple. Works for me but I do see a lot of mentions on the forums about Apple stuff which has me wondering, are there any data on the ratio of Apple to non-Apple Tesla owners? Just curious.

Thanks again for posting your list. :)

where can I get the teslab app? didn't see a link on their site and it's not in the app store (maybe because it's beta?).

signed up to mailing list but didn't get anything either. thanks in advance for the help. that article highlighted some potentially cool features.

Gabe

where can I get the teslab app? didn't see a link on their site and it's not in the app store (maybe because it's beta?).

signed up to mailing list but didn't get anything either. thanks in advance for the help. that article highlighted some potentially cool features.

Gabe
Gabe, send an e-mail to t[email protected] and request that they send you the TesLab Beta app. You will get an e-mail from them with a link to download the TestFlight application. After you download it, you will need to launch the TestFlight app on your mobile phone and enter the code that they sent you You will then get the application.

• Helpful
Reactions: virtualsmack
Gabe, send an e-mail to t[email protected] and request that they send you the TesLab Beta app. You will get an e-mail from them with a link to download the TestFlight application. After you download it, you will need to launch the TestFlight app on your mobile phone and enter the code that they sent you You will then get the application.

That's basically right -- the app isn't public quite yet. We're working through emails now, we got over 1000 people signed up for the beta over the last few days. We had planned on inviting 50 folks a day, but we're having to upgrade our plans. We've been working on scaling up the backend, and I'd rather release it a little slower but make sure that it works right for everyone. Also, bugs.

That's basically right -- the app isn't public quite yet. We're working through emails now, we got over 1000 people signed up for the beta over the last few days. We had planned on inviting 50 folks a day, but we're having to upgrade our plans. We've been working on scaling up the backend, and I'd rather release it a little slower but make sure that it works right for everyone. Also, bugs.
I got the code today and tried to load the app on my cell phone which has IOS 8 installed. The app requires IOS 9 and above. I tried to load it on my iPad with IOS 9.3.5 and I got a message in TestFlight saying that it was incompatible. I will send a message to HappyFunCorp with my issue.