Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Best Tesla Apps/Tweaks

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I got the code today and tried to load the app on my cell phone which has IOS 8 installed. The app requires IOS 9 and above. I tried to load it on my iPad with IOS 9.3.5 and I got a message in TestFlight saying that it was incompatible. I will send a message to HappyFunCorp with my issue.

We use the GPS in the phone to trigger a bunch of things so running on the phone will give you the best experience. Unless your iPad has cell networking, though I haven't tried that at all...

We use the GPS in the phone to trigger a bunch of things so running on the phone will give you the best experience. Unless your iPad has cell networking, though I haven't tried that at all...

I only tried to install it on my iPad because I could do that quicker than upgrading my iPhone to 9.3.5. I was able to get Teslab working on another cell phone with 9.3.5 loaded.

My iPad had been jailbroken but I removed the jailbreak when I upgraded to 9.3.5 (before installing Teslab). It is still showing it is incompatible. No big deal since I got it working on my cell phone.

Thanks for your response.

I'm a new Tesla owner and I've just published my new app QuickTesla Screenshots and video and link to the App Store here:quicktesla

In addition to the usual controls and stats, it includes the following unique features:

• Records statistics related to your charging sessions and your driving efficiency. You can also export these stats as a spreadsheet.

• Sends you a notification if you forget to close all doors (and trunk) and walk away from the car (which prevents the car from locking itself).

• Sends you a notification if the battery level is low and the car is parked at home and is unplugged

• Integrated several Tesla forums and the ability to search the Official Tesla Forum (Tesla forum does not provide search capability on its own)
The app can be downloaded from the App Store (QuickTesla on the App Store). You can also sign up for beta testing unreleased version of it (click on the first link above)

Simulator%20Screen%20Shot%20Feb%2028%2C%202017%2C%2010.16.19%20AM.png
Simulator%20Screen%20Shot%20Feb%2028%2C%202017%2C%2010.16.36%20AM.png

Good day all drivers!

Thanks for all the feedback, please keep it coming.

Many of you have updated to the most current beta version, for those of you who haven’t, please do, it’s amazing.

We’d love to see your speed and elevation charts, grab a screen shot and share on twitter @teslabapp. We want to see them and share with the entire community.

As for a few updates. We are going to be pushing out another nice community feature, soon you’ll be able to like an activity. Also, we are continuing to work on new and exciting sharing controls so you can choose how much you’d like to share per trip.

In the near term, we’re going to begin rolling out a lot more car controls as well so many many exciting things in the pipeline.

Please continue to share comments and suggestions on twitter and or in our forum.

If you don’t have your invite yet please fill out the below form.

iPhone:

iPhone Signup

Android:

Android Users for TesLab Beta

Thanks,

Team TesLab

Reactions: Lightmatrix
I have 2 questions:
  1. Do I need to leave the app running all of the time to be able to get stats or does it access the Tesla server and update the statistics when I launch it?
  2. I have energy savings turned on and noticed that I have a much higher vampire drain than before I installed the app. I used to lose about 2 miles per and now I am losing about 9 miles a day with the app turned on all of the time. I just turned the app off and I will check vampire drain to see if leaving the app on all of the time is causing the higher vampire drain.
This is a great app, thanks for allowing us to beta test it.

I'm a new Tesla owner and I've just published my new app QuickTesla Screenshots and video and link to the App Store here:quicktesla

In addition to the usual controls and stats, it includes the following unique features:

• Records statistics related to your charging sessions and your driving efficiency. You can also export these stats as a spreadsheet.

• Sends you a notification if you forget to close all doors (and trunk) and walk away from the car (which prevents the car from locking itself).

• Sends you a notification if the battery level is low and the car is parked at home and is unplugged

• Integrated several Tesla forums and the ability to search the Official Tesla Forum (Tesla forum does not provide search capability on its own)
The app can be downloaded from the App Store (QuickTesla on the App Store). You can also sign up for beta testing unreleased version of it (click on the first link above)

Rawmean, does the app allow you to look at historical charging rates? Specifically, I would like to be able to see what km/h and KW rate of charge I have received over night.

Good day all drivers!

Thanks for all the feedback, please keep it coming.

Many of you have updated to the most current beta version, for those of you who haven’t, please do, it’s amazing.

We’d love to see your speed and elevation charts, grab a screen shot and share on twitter @teslabapp. We want to see them and share with the entire community.

As for a few updates. We are going to be pushing out another nice community feature, soon you’ll be able to like an activity. Also, we are continuing to work on new and exciting sharing controls so you can choose how much you’d like to share per trip.

In the near term, we’re going to begin rolling out a lot more car controls as well so many many exciting things in the pipeline.

Please continue to share comments and suggestions on twitter and or in our forum.

If you don’t have your invite yet please fill out the below form.

iPhone:

iPhone Signup

Android:

Android Users for TesLab Beta

Thanks,

Team TesLab

Looking forward to trying this once you enable account creation as I don't use Facebook or Twitter.

I use this app a lot. It offers a very unique feature set (Geo-based alerts, i.e. home; work, to remember to plug in/charge!) and the developer is very responsive and open to ideas/input.

Highly recommended.

I use this app a lot. It offers a very unique feature set (Geo-based alerts, i.e. home; work, to remember to plug in/charge!) and the developer is very responsive and open to ideas/input.

Highly recommended.
Thanks much. I'm adding new features to the app. If you are not a beta tester already and interested in getting these new features before release on the App Store, feel free to sign up here: quicktesla

BTW, Apple has asked me to change the name of the app so that it doesn't include "Tesla" in it. So, the name is going to change to something else in the next update.

Rawmean, does the app allow you to look at historical charging rates? Specifically, I would like to be able to see what km/h and KW rate of charge I have received over night.

The app (quicktesla) stores the following historical data and staples it in the app as charts:
- added miles for each charging session
- added kWh for each charging session
- cost for each charging session (user specifies cost per kwh)
- driving efficiency vs. odometer

You can sign up for beta testing and try the latest version of the app before buying it.