Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Best Tesla Apps/Tweaks

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The app (quicktesla) stores the following historical data and staples it in the app as charts:
- added miles for each charging session
- added kWh for each charging session
- cost for each charging session (user specifies cost per kwh)
- driving efficiency vs. odometer

You can sign up for beta testing and try the latest version of the app before buying it.

Can/does it aggregate reports by week/month?

Teslab hasn't worked great for me in the sense that it has never pulled most recent stats for me despite repeated feedback to them.. so I wonder if your app suffers from the same or you are pulling logs from my car, storing them on your server and then generating thus data as opposed to expecting the app to be running fully all the time.

I'm a new Tesla owner and I've just published my new app QuickTesla Screenshots and video and link to the App Store here:quicktesla

In addition to the usual controls and stats, it includes the following unique features:

• Records statistics related to your charging sessions and your driving efficiency. You can also export these stats as a spreadsheet.

• Sends you a notification if you forget to close all doors (and trunk) and walk away from the car (which prevents the car from locking itself).

• Sends you a notification if the battery level is low and the car is parked at home and is unplugged

• Integrated several Tesla forums and the ability to search the Official Tesla Forum (Tesla forum does not provide search capability on its own)
The app can be downloaded from the App Store (QuickTesla on the App Store). You can also sign up for beta testing unreleased version of it (click on the first link above)

Simulator%20Screen%20Shot%20Feb%2028%2C%202017%2C%2010.16.19%20AM.png
Simulator%20Screen%20Shot%20Feb%2028%2C%202017%2C%2010.16.36%20AM.png

Teslab hasn't worked great for me in the sense that it has never pulled most recent stats for me despite repeated feedback to them.. so I wonder if your app suffers from the same or you are pulling logs from my car, storing them on your server and then generating thus data as opposed to expecting the app to be running fully all the time.

My app has been working for me and my tester and it does what it says. You can try it by signing up as a beta tester: quicktesla

Good day all drivers!

Thanks for all the feedback, please keep it coming.

Many of you have updated to the most current beta version, for those of you who haven’t, please do, it’s amazing.

We’d love to see your speed and elevation charts, grab a screen shot and share on twitter @teslabapp. We want to see them and share with the entire community.

As for a few updates. We are going to be pushing out another nice community feature, soon you’ll be able to like an activity. Also, we are continuing to work on new and exciting sharing controls so you can choose how much you’d like to share per trip.

In the near term, we’re going to begin rolling out a lot more car controls as well so many many exciting things in the pipeline.

Please continue to share comments and suggestions on twitter and or in our forum.

If you don’t have your invite yet please fill out the below form.

iPhone:

iPhone Signup

Android:

Android Users for TesLab Beta

Thanks,

Team TesLab
I applied for TesLab access in mid Feb and still not got an invite :(

with the constant calls to grab data from the car how are you ensuring you don't impact phone battery life and also not impacting loss on the car as it will never go to sleep? Or am I missing something.

Cheers

In quicktesla I'm very careful not to hit Tesla servers very often (I was worried about battery and just overloading Tesla servers). In iOS apps cannot live in the background for too long, anyway (except for navigation and audio and certain other category of apps). In fact, if your app makes use of location tracking constantly while in the background, Apple forces you to put a disclaimer in the description of the app to warn users about battery consumption.

I apply some algorithmic techniques to only hit Tesla servers when it makes sense. Sorry, can't disclose all the details.

Reactions: NicB72
Hi everyone. We are getting invites out for TesLab as quickly as we can. We hope to get many more out today, tomorrow and all this coming week.
Hi everyone. We are getting invites out for TesLab as quickly as we can. We hope to get many more out today, tomorrow and all this coming week.
The app requires a Facebook or Twitter account however, no getting around this requirement.