Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Best Tesla Apps/Tweaks

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hope it's okay to post this here. I developed a website and app for Tesla owners who often rent out their Tesla (for example on Turo) or who let others drive it. In those cases it's difficult to provide people with all the functions of the official Tesla smartphone app - because you'd have to give out your Tesla login details or you have to keep changing your password.

That's why I created TesLender.com. You sign up securely, create a special code that can be used to sign into the app and you get almost all the features the official app offers. The code expires when you want it to, so they can't control your Tesla after the rental is over.

After signing up you'll be able to use the app (Android only, for now): Play Store

At the moment I'm looking for beta testers. This hasn't been officially released to the public yet.

raLOYwml.png

Security of the website and app has been my number one priority, and I totally understand not leaving your Tesla login details on a random website. For more details about security, check out the Reddit thread.

If anyone has any feedback for me, that would be very much appreciated.

At the moment I'm looking for beta testers. This hasn't been officially released to the public yet.

Security of the website and app has been my number one priority, and I totally understand not leaving your Tesla login details on a random website. For more details about security, check out the Reddit thread.

If anyone has any feedback for me, that would be very much appreciated.
@SeBsZ , I think your authentication method is spot-on for the general public. I do think you should give the option for the more tech-savy to supply you with the token, themselves. I would like to beta test this for you, however, I would prefer to supply you with the token myself, rather than inputting my Tesla credentials. Just a thought....

Reactions: supratachophobia
@SeBsZ , I think your authentication method is spot-on for the general public. I do think you should give the option for the more tech-savy to supply you with the token, themselves. I would like to beta test this for you, however, I would prefer to supply you with the token myself, rather than inputting my Tesla credentials. Just a thought....

Hey JohnnyG, thanks, I totally agree. In the Reddit post I linked I also wrote that I support the token method, and I'll eventually add it to the site if people feel safer that way.

I would very much like you to help me. Can you PM me and I'll set you up. A token is absolutely fine, preferably including the refresh_token so that the website will handle refreshing the token automatically for you - otherwise it will expire after 3888000 seconds (45 days).

Reactions: supratachophobia