Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Best Tesla Browser Apps: Propose Setting Up Quarterly Recognition Award

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello All,

Over the past few weeks, I've been thinking that it would be nice to recognize the awesome contributions people have made to Tesla Browser Apps. Almost everyone who has contributed browser "Apps" thus far has done so for free, and all of us get to enjoy the benefits. So why not repay their generosity with some public recognition?

I propose the following approach (welcome feedback too) . . .

First 10 weeks of Quarter: Accept nominations for best Web browser "App"
Last 2 weeks of Quarter: Open poll for Top 10 nominees - TMC members vote
End of Quarter: Announce winner

Prize: Public recognition & entry into "TMC Browser 'Apps' Hall of Fame" (if approved by TMC Moderators).

Definition: Tesla Browser "App" = a website that can be accessed by the Tesla Internet Browser, is available 100% of the time (except for updates), runs with stable performance and provides a fun, useful or beneficial function.

I am happy to manage the nominations, poll and announcement. May need help from TMC with the Hall of Fame idea, though.

Before opening nominations for this Quarter, which I propose to do in a SEPARATE post, please post your thoughts on structure, approach and recognition here.

In case anyone isn't quite sure what we mean by Tesla Browser "Apps," here are just a few that you have already read about recently in the forums (remember, this post is only to discuss the idea of recognition, not to list "Apps" or nominations - I'll set that up shortly) . . .

Functional examples:

EV Trip Planner: EV Trip Planner

WAZE for Tesla Incidents: Waze for Tesla Incidents

Fun examples:

Tesla Tuner's 007 Peacemaker Package: peaceMaker

Teslamods' Kitt Display: http://www.teslamods.com/silly/kitt.html

Please let me know what you think of the Quarterly Award idea here. Once the idea is polished and ready for prime time, we'll open a post for nominations.

Cheers!

Reactions: Softwizard
This would be really great.
It should be split in two categories though.
Webapps designed for the Tesla screen, and webpages designed for other screens. Like EV Trip planner for example does not play well on my tesla's screen but looks great on my computer and is an invaluable tool!

Great idea - and perhaps someone can host links to these pages on a common web site so that it is easy to find them.

And here is my contribution - a flux capacitor:

flux%201200x1450.jpg

(For some reason the link isn't displaying inline)

Last edited:
Can you add a third category for websites that work well on Tesla's browser but were not designed specifically for the Tesla? E.g. of all the weather sites I find forecast.io works very well for Tesla because of limited graphics/advertising and great visual presentation for the weather in a simple format that is quick to load.

My current browser is set on the Tesla waze site that someone developed here