Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Best Tint Option? [close to palm springs CA

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I was told today by a tint place in Southern California (that I intend to use for my new Model 3) that the potential cracking of the roof/back window glass when using ceramic film is no longer an issue. they told me this was a problem previously but Tesla has changed the glass now and it’s no longer a potential problem. Tint Masters in Houston, TX told me the same thing.
Do you still have the info on your tint place? I’m in Palm Springs and curious to find a place to do the front windshield and roof.

(moderator note: since this thread is almost a year old, and your post is asking "where in palm springs can I get window tint" I am splitting this post off into its own thread, and moving it to the california sub forum)

I found AcutintPro in Upland, CA (Auto Tinting in Upland, CA | AcutintPRO, the Window Tinting Experts) that I think I will use as they specialize in Teslas, and good prices. Still awaiting my Model S Refresh so still looking for other recommendations. Debating on the tint level to use as the legal limits in CA are too restrictive. The 70% looked awesome on someone's post but that is a bit extreme for CA and I don't want the back windows darker than the front. What is a good compromise to offer good heat protection in the hot summer here in Palm Springs?

While we are at it, looking for paint correction and ceramic coating for the Multi-Coat Red.

Reactions: dogdaddyden2X
I found AcutintPro in Upland, CA (Auto Tinting in Upland, CA | AcutintPRO, the Window Tinting Experts) that I think I will use as they specialize in Teslas, and good prices. Still awaiting my Model S Refresh so still looking for other recommendations. Debating on the tint level to use as the legal limits in CA are too restrictive. The 70% looked awesome on someone's post but that is a bit extreme for CA and I don't want the back windows darker than the front. What is a good compromise to offer good heat protection in the hot summer here in Palm Springs?

While we are at it, looking for paint correction and ceramic coating for the Multi-Coat Red.
I was told the limit in Wisconsin is 55% tint for side windows.