Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Best Tire Inflator Help Needed

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Never seen the Fanttik, looks like a good unit but not a fan of battery operated ones that sit in a hot car. Battery life is usually substantially shorter than advertised. They claim a full charge will last 300 days and can fill 4 tires. Video demos on YouTube clearly show it can only fill two with a fully charged battery not 4 and that’s at a lower psi than a typical Tesla Tire requires. As the battery gets low the charging takes longer. Takes a long while to recharge it again back to full. It also appears once the battery is done the unit is done as well.

Charge it up and put in your trunk and hope you have enough charge when you need it. I rather have one that is powered by car battery for this purpose.

Reactions: Mashina
Never seen the Fanttik, looks like a good unit but not a fan of battery operated ones that sit in a hot car. Battery life is usually substantially shorter than advertised. They claim a full charge will last 300 days and can fill 4 tires. Video demos on YouTube clearly show it can only fill two with a fully charged battery not 4 and that’s at a lower psi than a typical Tesla Tire requires. As the battery gets low the charging takes longer. Takes a long while to recharge it again back to full. It also appears once the battery is done the unit is done as well.

Charge it up and put in your trunk and hope you have enough charge when you need it. I rather have one that is powered by car battery for this purpose.
I ended up buying the DeWalt DCC020IB 20V MAX Cordless Inflator.

Reactions: TBrownTX
I ended up buying the DeWalt DCC020IB 20V MAX Cordless Inflator.

Good choice. I have this one, and used it just a week ago on my daughters car. She had a flat and called me (why call triple-A when you can call dad…). I drove up to her location in my Tesla and we changed the tire to her spare. Of course, the spare tire needed air. Luckily I had the DeWALT inflator in my car. Filled up the spare and we were off to the tire shop to get her tire repaired.

I keep 2 extra 1.5 amp batteries in the trunk with the inflator and remember to top them off every quarter just in case. Yes, I can plug the inflator to the cigarette lighter port, but the battery is just so easy.

PS- I don’t plug tires anymore if I can avoid it. I’ve found that if you plug a tire, most tire shops now will not patch the plug. Basically, you are on your own if you plug it. Not worth the hassle. My preference these days it to call Triple-A and let them deal with it.

Reactions: cusetownusa