Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Best USB Hub

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I previously owned the original Jeda USB hub when it came out but then I started receiving daily USB malfunction notifications on my screen. I stopped using it and the messages never came back. I then purchased a cheap USB on Amazon and haven’t received this malfunction since purchasing it 6 months ago. I saw Jowua makes a hub and liked the way it looked so I ordered it online. I guess it’s on preference for look and function but can anyone tell me which USB hub is more reliable? I know Jeda has a newer version since the original I purchased.

In my 2018 M3 I used the original Jeda hub with a Patriot brand 120GB USB thumb drive. I used it for about 2 1/2 years until I traded in my 2018 for a 2022 M3. I never had a problem with the Jeda hub or the thumbdrive. Zero error messages. The hub also powered Jeda wireless charger. Maybe you had a bad hub and could have contacted Jeda customer service.

In my 2018 M3 I used the original Jeda hub with a Patriot brand 120GB USB thumb drive. I used it for about 2 1/2 years until I traded in my 2018 for a 2022 M3. I never had a problem with the Jeda hub or the thumbdrive. Zero error messages. The hub also powered Jeda wireless charger. Maybe you had a bad hub and could have contacted Jeda customer service.
The only thing that made me believe it wasn’t the hub was the fact that my wife received the same usb malfunctions in her model 3 during the same timeframe. She was only using a thumb drive with a splitter in her car. Some people believed it was a bug in the latest firmware. I guess by taking it out for the past year i haven’t been able to confirm this. I guess I’ll give the Jowua a try and I still have the Jeda hub as a back up.

I had hoped the new Jeda USB hub worked with the SSD but it still gives me usb malfunctions on my 2018 model 3. If anyone is interested, I have a brand new Jeda USB hub for 2017-2020 (two usb a) and the Jeda SSD. Both were used for maybe 2 days. I am in north bay San Jose area. I also have the first gen Jeda USB hub that was used for about a year when I got it. I have all the original boxing to everything.

We use this one from amazon and it works like a charm.

Limited-time deal: Topfit for Tesla 2021 2022 USB LED Hub Compatible Docking Station of Center Console Smart Sensor(Model 3 /Y) Amazon.com
I use this from Amazon as I don't like having exposed ports open that close to where drinks usually are. This one helps with that and it is about a 98% color match.
Amazon.com

Reactions: DaPlugg
I've been using a cheap SUMK hub for over a year in the hot desert with no issues. The temperature inside the car can easily get to over 140F.

@andrewsjra maybe there is a problem with the power draw of your ssd. Even high quality hubs can have issues with large power draw. The amazing speed specs of an ssd are wasted in the Tesla anyway. I suggest you try a Samsung FIT Plus flash drive instead. They are plenty fast enough and are very reliable while drawing much less power than an ssd. I spent 10 years modifying Linux for fast booting from usb. I've been using these for testing over the past 4 years and they've been solid. The previous model, the Flash Drive Fit was also great but it is no longer being made. Sandisk devices with similar names are garbage. They are known to have overheating problems in Teslas.