Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Best Use for Frunk?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Last night I think I found the best use for the frunk. I never want to use the thing because I don't want to smudge the hood, the space is small and I don't have much use for it. Besides, why should I have to go around to the trunk AND the frunk just to get all of my items out?

So last night I think it dawned on me. The best use? Leftovers. Had a pizza box, didn't want it to stink up the car. Stuck it in the frunk.

That's my story. Thanks for reading. Have a great day!

I keep my "Rarely used stuff" in there. I carry a serious first aid kit, a road hazard kit (flares etc), a fire extinguisher, I have a poncho liner (woobie) in there, and a spare jacket (which I'll start wearing soon, so it'll be moved). I used to keep my hardhat and vest and steel toe boots in there when I used to have to randomly visit plants

I keep my "Rarely used stuff" in there. I carry a serious first aid kit, a road hazard kit (flares etc), a fire extinguisher, I have a poncho liner (woobie) in there, and a spare jacket (which I'll start wearing soon, so it'll be moved). I used to keep my hardhat and vest and steel toe boots in there when I used to have to randomly visit plants
these are good ones. i'll keep my dog's hammock in there in the event i ever need to transport her. i do wish they made it "wheel sized" so a spare could fit.

Reactions: UnicornDriver
I have my green First Aid kit in there and my red travel roller.
IMG_3753 (1).jpg

Reactions: tren01t and Bobbo8
I put high value items in there and put the car in valet mode if I'm making additional stops before I get home. That way. if someone smashes my window looking for valuables. the highest value item(s) are out of their reach (and probably out of their awareness) in the frunk.

Just FYI, the frunk is not secure (I think everybody knows why so I won't post the details here) - and yes, for the average thief your technique is probably fine. Just bringing it up in case you weren't aware.

Does anybody know if carrying items in the frunk somehow reduces the safety of the car? For instance, I see all these crash test videos with the front of the car crumpling as designed... but what if there is a solid object in the frunk? Seems like that may impact the way the crumble zones work.

Does anybody know if carrying items in the frunk somehow reduces the safety of the car? For instance, I see all these crash test videos with the front of the car crumpling as designed... but what if there is a solid object in the frunk? Seems like that may impact the way the crumble zones work.
the subaru brat carried its spare tire in the engine bay.

4630325855_7eb845d28b_b.jpg

unless you have a block of concrete in your frunk, i'm guessing you'll be fine.