Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Best value for set of tires for MY LR Gemini 19"

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
About to replace the original Continental tires soon, I wonder should I go to Tesla services to get new set of 4s, they charge me almost $400/tire, or there is a better option.
I live in California, so no snow, don't need winter tires.

Thx a lot guys

Doh, my original message got flagged for links, so I'll just say, for difference price ranges, you could get a set of YokohamaADVAN Sport A/S+ for 212 for each tire.

Bridgestone Turanza Quiettrack for 252/ea.

Michelin Pilot Sport All Season 4 for 291/ea.

Tesla is ripping you off for 400 per tire.

Get them from America's Tire and get certs on them for road hazards and other issues.

Reactions: Cyberspeed and ArtK
Doh, my original message got flagged for links, so I'll just say, for difference price ranges, you could get a set of YokohamaADVAN Sport A/S+ for 212 for each tire.

Bridgestone Turanza Quiettrack for 252/ea.

Michelin Pilot Sport All Season 4 for 291/ea.

Tesla is ripping you off for 400 per tire.

Get them from America's Tire and get certs on them for road hazards and other issues.
Thx for the info. One quick question, do these tires have foam in them? Or do we really need foam in the tires like the original Tesla tires. Thx

If you like the OEM Conti's, Tire Rack sells the exact tire (Tesla Spec. w/ foam) for $276-$294 ea. on their website. Free shipping, just pay your shop to mount and balance. Should be well under the $1,600 that Tesla quoted you. If you are interested, I have 4 OEM Conti take-offs that I only drove home on 4 months ago <50mi. on them. You can have them for $800. That will save you an additional couple hundred over Tire Rack. PM me.

Attachments

• IMG_5651.JPG
    IMG_5651.JPG
    632.7 KB · Views: 86
Last edited:
Reactions: tangible1