Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Best VPN - easibility & home router connectivity

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Figured I would post here.
There are so many options available, and Reddit has a thread for every vendor.
In short, looking for a VPN to connect on to our home router to protect all home connections, as well as an easy function to use when out and about with work, personal on cell phones/laptops.
We are Australians, who also like to watch various sports and TV in other countires, and are continually geoblocked.
Happy to pay a subscrpton, just not exactly sure which provider/vendor is best.
Thanks for all your input-
A

I'm using a VPN called Speedify because my sister bought me a plan here. So far, I don't have issues and you may want to check it out. In any case, I know it's not easy to find a trustworthy VPN provider but I suggest choose one that has "military encryption", hides your IP, does not keep records and allows anonymous payment so that your real name and address won't be tracked.

Reactions: X-pilot
This seems like a good place to ask my question even though it's a bit of a tangent:

I used a VPN for a while. The one I used was Tunnel Bear. I think I based that decision on some reviews somewhere. The problem was that all the sites that provide any kind of geographically-limited content gave me a message saying: "We see that you're using a VPN. Our content is limited to X region." Or something to that effect. They could not tell who I was or where I was, but they knew that they could not tell where I was so they shut me out.

Admittedly, they have the right to do that. If they've decided, for example, to only provide content to people in Singapore, they're going to deny service to anybody who cannot demonstrate that they're in Singapore. And I will admit that part of my reason for getting the VPN was to watch coverage of the olympics that was not available here without a subscription. But the other part of my reason was general security, and I also could not watch streaming services that I have paid for and have a right to watch because the providers could not tell that I was indeed at home where I have a right to watch. I had to turn off the VPN whenever I wanted to watch streaming media, and then it just wasn't worth the bother of turning it back on later.

Is there a way to have a VPN and still watch content that I do have a right to watch, but that the provider won't provide without knowing where I am? (Other than constantly turning the VPN on and off every time I change what I'm doing on line.)