Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Best way to clean off black seats and the faux leather?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello!

My used Tesla has some markings, mostly like idk smudges or what not that I want to get off, what's the best product that you've found for cleaning BLACK seats?

Thanks for any help!

Mia.

After some recommendations on this forum, we bought Pampers Baby Wipes. Be sure to get alcohol free wipes. We've used them a few times on our black interior Model 3 and they worked well.

mostly like idk smudges
What are idk smudges? i did a cursory search over the internet and nothing of value came up.

ive an all black model 3 and for daily dust/debris and the like it works really well. Ive used this for years across three all black vehicles.

61s9drk1CmL._AC_SL1347_.jpg

Meguiar's G13616 Quik Interior Detailer Cleaner

What are idk smudges? i did a cursory search over the internet and nothing of value came up.

ive an all black model 3 and for daily dust/debris and the like it works really well. Ive used this for years across three all black vehicles.

61s9drk1CmL._AC_SL1347_.jpg

Thanks, they're just some white smudges that look like a smear of something but not sure what it is since it was there when I got the car. I just wanted to make sure I don't use something that damages the faux leather.

White smudges sound like sunscreen. If you think it is sunscreen, the key is to use a degreaser cleaning agent. Simple green is a great degreaser. Fantastik and 409 would also likely work.

The one thing you do not want to use is a Magic Eraser. Magic Erasers are abrasive and you can end up damaging the seat material.
Thanks, yeah definitely would not want to use a magic eraser LOL! I'll try the 1:1 diluted Simple green and see where that gets me!

idk = i don't know, as in, the OP has no idea what the smudges actually are.

• Love
Reactions: lUtriaNt