Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Best way to earch for a used 6 Seater Model X 100D Long Range

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello,
I am in the market for a used Model X 100D Long Range with 6 seats. What is the best way to search for it on the internet to find one nationawide in the US? Other than Tesla's own website, nobody has a filter to look up 6 seater. This is very absurd that you'd have to look at the pictures to identify if a particular Model X is a 5, 6 or 7 seater. Any tip or suggestion would be greatly appreciated by a tired father of a two hyper active kids. :)
Thanks.

Hey, thanks a lot for the links. It seems those sites may be lagging but nice effort from the site builder. 3rd row seat option works except there are a lot of junk listings that incorrectly list them.

Anyways, is the middle seat from the 2nd row removable from the older model where it's not a bench? I hear it's possible but the computer needs to be reset or something like that. Wife wants a 6 seater but they are hard to find and more expensive it seems than 7 seaters. So I was wondering if we can simply just move the middle seat of the 2nd row and turn it in to a 6 seater. Any inout is appreciated.

Sorry.....what video?
Sorry for the confusion. I was wondering why you think the 2nd row has 3 separate seats. It is ~40/~60.

Here is a video showing it. I just thought you saw a video somewhere.

bSZIgRe.jpg

Thanks for the links. I did not see them except I heard someone say somewhere that older model X did not have the 2nd row bench seat like the new ones, so middle seat was removable. Thanks for the clarification. Wish they all were separate seats for owners to decide whether they want to use the car as 6 or 7 seater as per their needs. I am not sure if it has to with liability issue from Tesla's part.

Also check out www.OnlyUsedTesla.com

I think the 5-seater makes the most sense. With the 6 or 7-seat configuration, the 5th+ passanger must have their legs angled to the middle in order to fit. The 5-seat config seats 3 teens in the back seat with decent legroom, and you have extra storage where the 3rd row would have gone.
But you can always flatten the 3rd row when you need extra storage space. Wife likes the 6 seat orientation due to easy access to the back row. That way both our kids can occupy mid rows while she stretches out at the back row on long drives.

I posted this question in anther thread:
What is the height clearance needed for falcon doors to be fully open? Is it 7 ft 2 inches? I moved to a new house where we are getting overhead garage storage installed so want to make sure I have enough clearance for the Model X falcon doors. Anything else I need to plan for?

I posted this question in anther thread:
What is the height clearance needed for falcon doors to be fully open? Is it 7 ft 2 inches? I moved to a new house where we are getting overhead garage storage installed so want to make sure I have enough clearance for the Model X falcon doors. Anything else I need to plan for?
Lot of details here: Wiki - Model X FAQ (wiki)

Reactions: Liquid Tension
Q: Can you give us a measurement of the maximum (exterior) height of the fully open FWD? Both at 'Very High' and 'Very Low' Suspension settings?
A: On "Low", the default setting, the highest point on the fully opened FaWD is 90 inches (7' - 6"; 2.286m).

I suppose 90" height clearance is what I need to have at a minimum. Thanks Scott.