Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Best way to get from I-684 South to Greenwich southbound chargers

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Google Maps shows a route that runs to the south side of the Merritt and then appears to cross under the parkway. I have a hard time thinking this is real. I've used CT-15 from the Hartford area before and wanted to try I-84 and I-684 for a change. I just don't want to lose too much time getting to the Greenwich SB chargers. Any ideas?

If you go 684, I suggest Exit 3, down Riversville Rd and across Porchuck and get on the Merritt at Round Hill Rd. Porchuck is a narrow, windy road. This does not cross the Merritt, but there are plenty of under- and over-passes.

From Hartford, I think 91S to 15 is the best way. If you go across 84, you can also come down RT 8 from Waterbury or RT 7 from Danbury to the Merritt.

There are a ton of ways through Bedford to Greenwich. You can get off 684 on Exit 4 and cut across to North Street. You go Right onto NY 22 and then Left onto Middle Patent. Bare Right onto Bedford-Banksville Road, which will become North Street once you cross into CT. Get on the Merritt Southbound and there you go.

Not for nothing, but if you don't need to come via 684, Route 8 is a total blast to come down. Route 7 is pretty residential for most the way.

Good luck!

There are a ton of ways through Bedford to Greenwich. You can get off 684 on Exit 4 and cut across to North Street. You go Right onto NY 22 and then Left onto Middle Patent. Bare Right onto Bedford-Banksville Road, which will become North Street once you cross into CT. Get on the Merritt Southbound and there you go.

Not for nothing, but if you don't need to come via 684, Route 8 is a total blast to come down. Route 7 is pretty residential for most the way.

Good luck!

I second the Route 8 option. Yesterday I drove up from JFK to Boston via Whitestone Bridge, Hutch/Merritt, Route 8 to 84 to the West Hartford supercharger. A relative who lives in West Hartford and drives regularly to NYC recommended it.

I avoid the Merrit chargers like the plaque. The locations would be nice without the people but those stops are swamped and the superchargers are almost always ICE'd. I go to the 95 stops which are much more reasonable (and have better food options).