TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Best Way to get out of Tesla Lease?

Discussion in 'Model S' started by trident, Dec 30, 2019.

1. trident

trident Member

2019 S75D. HW3, FSD, 4,500 Miles.

2 years left on lease. Do to illness in the family, driving has come to a virtual stop. Looking to get out of a Tesla lease with the most cash. Any thoughts appreciated.

2. LAEVFAN

LAEVFAN Member

All I can say is GOOD LUCK. I wanted to get out of my 3-year lease just three months early, and was offered nothing at all. I was told I would have to make payments for the last three months whether I kept the car or not! Initially, I decided to buy a Model X in June even though my Model S could not be returned until September. I did that in order to get the higher tax credit. As it turned out my grand-kids did not like the third row of seats in the X (my primary reason for opting for the X was the third row), and I was fortunate enough to discover that during the first week of ownership. So I returned it for a full refund and bought my Model S in September.

3. trident

trident Member

Thanks for the info.

4. AEdennis

AEdennis Active Member

5. trident

trident Member

Appreciate your response.

6. ThomasD

ThomasD Member

Check with your finance company to make sure that your name will be removed from the loan. On a swap Lease some companies will not remove your name off of the loan even if you don't own the car anymore. You will be responsible for the loan if the other person defaults.

7. patrick40363

patrick40363 Active Member

You might try listing your current lease amount so if anyone on this site is interested they could contact you. If you list on a lease trader site you might have to offer a cash incentive.