Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Best Way to Get Rid of the Old Non Tesla Car

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I would give option #2 a try. Used car market should be red hot at the moment for a fuel efficient SUV. Hopefully you don’t get too many time wasters but it’s a sellers market so you don’t need to deal with anyone you don’t like.

This 100%

Price it at the lower end of the range on carsales

Its got a new battery so its a big plus

Should be an easy sell to the first real buyer

I also sold my SUV recently with over 100k km on the clock. I tried a few car buying services, Pickles (after reading this thread) and the dealer - the dealer actually gave me the best price.

Was a bit greedy so got an RWC and tried carsales.com.au to see if I could do better. Priced it at the bottom end of its estimate for a couple of weeks - nothing useful. Then dropped it a bit before starting to get some nibbles. The mechanic doing the RWC said ‘the first person to see it will buy it,’ and they were right. Ended up getting a little over $2k more than the best dealer offer, after deducting the costs of the ad and RWC.

Was a little bit of a hassle, including taking the car to the buyer’s choice of mechanic for a full inspection on top of the RWC - might have been able to hold out for longer in this market but happy with the outcome.

Tesla offered $14k for a 2014 Mini Countryman. Carsales are other online instant quotes came back in the $13.2k-$13.7k range. Red book value range is $12k-$17.8k. How are people getting private offers for double the value?

I have the trade in locked in. You ask them to unlock the trade in on the online account under your order. You upload the pics they ask (front/back/sides/ODO/ and any defects) Then they give you the trade in offer. If you accept it they ask for the rego. And then they set off the trade in against the outstanding value and raise a new invoice.

I haven't gotten the car. So I am still driving my old car. I have to go in that car with the two keys and books and sign it off to them and drive away in the new car.

Reactions: 1001
I have the trade in locked in. You ask them to unlock the trade in on the online account under your order. You upload the pics they ask (front/back/sides/ODO/ and any defects) Then they give you the trade in offer. If you accept it they ask for the rego. And then they set off the trade in against the outstanding value and raise a new invoice.

I haven't gotten the car. So I am still driving my old car. I have to go in that car with the two keys and books and sign it off to them and drive away in the new car.
To add to this, the trade in offer from Tesla is only valid for a couple of months. So if your EDD is still some way away, you'll need to go through the valuation process again and potentially compare it to the Carsales instant offer as well.

I just did the Carsales Instant offer and it was 5% higher than the Tesla trade in offer.

To add to this, the trade in offer from Tesla is only valid for a couple of months. So if your EDD is still some way away, you'll need to go through the valuation process again and potentially compare it to the Carsales instant offer as well.

I just did the Carsales Instant offer and it was 5% higher than the Tesla trade in offer.

my Tesla trade in was the same as car sales instant offer.