Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Best way to hear and respond to FB Messenger and WhatsApp? (Android)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have been using DriveMode (for Android) in my MY and it was working flawlessly until recently. It would read aloud the messages and, via voice commands, would allow me to respond. Beautiful!

Something changed in the last sw update (or to Drivemode) where all it reads aloud now are the first few words of the message. The rest of the message is not heard, although it seems like it is still "trying to" read it, as a few seconds later, I hear the request "would you like to respond?".

Anybody else you Drivemode and run into this?
Tried adjusting the BT settings in Drivemode, and no combination is working for me.

Anybody find a DIFFERENT solution for Android?

So, can someone else with an Adroid phone give it a try, perhaps? Maybe you can figure out how to get this to work (again)?

Or -- any other apps out there that enable voice-activated chatting (including responding)?

@HeyEph did you ever get this sorted out? I recently heard about Drivemode and was just searching here in the community to see if people were using it and see how they like it.