Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Best Way to Honor the Intent of the Tax Credit?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Telling someone that you're not allied with someone else is not the same as giving them a "green light" to invade them."

But telling an ally (Saddam) that US has "no opinion" when that ally inquires how US will react to Iraq invading Kuwait is most definitely and was most definitely a green light by any standard.

‘We have no opinion on the Arab-Arab conflicts, like your border disagreement with Kuwait.’ per US Iraq ambassador April Glaspie. The U.S. State Department had earlier told Saddam that Washington had ‘no special defense or security commitments to Kuwait.’

Bush I, Baker and Cheney, who were all active supporters of Saddam as a means of waging proxy war on Iran, can at best be called incompetent in making such a response but considering how events turned out it seems clear they fully meant to do what they did, give Saddam a green light to invade Kuwait and to then use that as a pretext to use the military force they had been building as members of the Reagan admin for the previous eight years.

US dependence on oil was at the heart of that scheming and resultant 30 years war for oil, the $17T in oil war debt, the $600B per year maintaining the US military occupation of the Middle East....all to secure oil for cars and trucks.

Which brings us back to a paltry $1.5B to subsidize Tesla EVs to end that dependence. The zero emissions, zero oil tax credit should be expanded to match the problem. Dedicating one year of oil war cost, $600B, to EV's to end paying $600B year after to year for oil is a good investment.

even planes

The Pentagon's Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency is working on a hybrid drone withHoneywell (HON) and Rolls-Royce.

The commercial sector is looking at electric planes as well. Airbus(EADSY) and Siemens (SIEGY) have said they will put a team of 200 engineers on the project.

In May, Airbus CEO Tom Enders said that a 100-seat hybrid-electric passenger plane could be in the skies by 2030. It flew a two-seat electric plane over the English Channel last year.

Boeing (BA) is working on its own idea that would use conventional jet engines for takeoff but switch to electric power during flight.

NASA's 'Maxwell' Electric Plane Could Launch Air Tesla

Also, don't tax returns count as income? I know you're required to list any tax returns from the previous year on the following year's return, I'm just not sure if it gets counted as "income". (This is why I pay for someone else to do them). If so, that fat $7500 return is probably going to come with a price of $2000 against your taxes the following year.
my friend, you don't have a grasp on how this credit works, I am not a financial adviser, so I will not try to enlighten you. all I can suggest is that if you are attempting to make use of the available tax credit and you don't know what to do consult an expert who can assist you.

Reactions: jgs
I'm sitting here, and I just had a realization that I don't think I've seen verbalized here when it comes to the back and forth nature of these comments.

The EV Tax Credit could/possibly should also be looked at as an incentive/stimulus.

In my specific scenario, and I am sure there are others in a similar situation, I don't NEED a $50k+ car any time soon.

I have a 2015 Audi that just passed 30K miles, and my commute is now down to 8 miles/day round trip.

So while we argue the semantics of the tax credit, keep in mind that when I take delivery of my Model 3, I'll be paying sales tax, property tax, inspection, and registration/titling fees....all of it revenue the various levels of government might not have seen from me for another 3-5 years.