Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Best way to repair a minor ding / nick

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
F6E793CE-F64A-4D6F-B508-48E8A4A3B2B1.jpeg FD090B68-DB1C-40A4-BEEE-EA89260DDC2F.jpeg E17C3CDA-2350-4CA8-BCCB-2099CB689628.jpeg

Had my first ding today. Low speed impact to back bumper whilst reversing :( Was inevitable a lapse in concentration would lead to something like this sooner or later.

There is a minor depression at the point of impact too.

Is it possible to get a Tesla touch-up pen or repair kit in the UK to fix this issue?

Has anyone repaired / touched up something like this before? And if so, has it come out really good?

Could a professional (body shop/mobile repair) fix this issue at reasonable cost?

ad my first ding today. Low speed impact to back bumper whilst reversing :( Was inevitable a lapse in concentration would lead to something like this sooner or later.

There is a minor depression at the point of impact too.

Is it possible to get a Tesla touch-up pen or repair kit in the UK to fix this issue?

Depending on the dink the plastic bumper can tend to reshape to some extent over a period of time ... some warm sun on it helps the process ... it can continue improving over days or even longer. Maybe leave it a while if you can just to see how it ends up. Chipex make some touch up paint (I've got some but haven't tried it yet). My own bumper had a massive V shaped indentation from a garage door incident and a few hours later it it popped out! It continued to improve and you can only see a hint of a ripple if you look closely.