Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Best way to sell a Model 3?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

phantasms

Mr Self Destruct
Supporting Member
Jan 30, 2019
White Mountains, NH
While it's easy to list it here we're all pretty knowledgeable and likely wont get the most money [I could be wrong].

It seems the price of the used market on 3 has exploded. People want the cars but don't want to wait and are willing to pay damn near MSRP for a very used ride.

Anyone have any input on the best way to list their cars for sale, especially free? FB marketplace, eBay, Cars.com, other? I love my 2018 boosted AWD 3 but it's at 47k miles. My plan was to hold onto it and wait for the Roadster however I'm thinking if I could get ~$45k+ for it, it might make sense to just get another AWD or P which will keep me in warranty and hold a better trade in value when the time comes.

Thoughts?

Thanks!

Best,
Gene

Burn it, film it, YouTube it, go viral. Make money. In all seriousness... You're just gonna have to entertain a million people until the right one comes along. Don't price so high unless you don't mind hanging onto it for longer. The market answers very quickly as to what your car is actually worth

To reinforce the above: you'll have a bunch of morons telling you that they can buy it now for $5K less than what it's worth. Up to you how you want to respond (or not).
I wish it was only $5k less. I had "cash now" offers of $35k for my 3, when it was worth $50+
I asked them how heavy it was.... the cash... $35k in bills. I said I only wanted 10s.
You can mess with them too. Have them show up random places at odd times to buy the car.
One time I had someone offer $6k on a $15k Tahoe. I had them show up at the fast food place across from my work.
When they called me a few times, I told them they just missed it, but maybe we could meet tomorrow.
With each absolutely stupid offer, you can have lots of fun.

Well, obviously you're trying to make a buck. As my main goal is to get more Teslas into the hands of more new drivers, I have sold my Teslas for what Tesla would give me on the car, or less. My first car sold in four hours. My second car sold in about fifteen minutes. The third took two days. They walked away ecstatic, and I walked away feeling good that three more cars were on the road. Tesla would have given me the bottom price, raised it and sold it to someone who had more money, while I sold it to someone who didn't have as much in the bank, for what Tesla would have paid. I live in a town of about 3500 folk, and we now have a dozen or two up here.

If you've got the money, help someone you know out and give them a good price.