Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

best way to sell model S?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Looks like I need swap my s75 for an X. Bigger family on the way (and I refuse to road trip in my wife's durango). I've never sold a car privately, and was hoping for some advice. Any recommendations where to start?

-2016.5 (face lift) Model S 75d
-18,500 miles
-silver with gray interior, black headliner
-everything except air, uhfs
-Tint: Suntek full ceramic -- windshield - 70% -- front side - 50% -- rear side - 35% -- hatch - 20%
-complete chrome delete with combination of 3m wrap and dip
-Blackvue dashcam installed front and back

I went in the other day. They offered $60k. I think I can get $10-15 more, based on what I have seen offered. Not to mention the "modifications" I have made should count for something, assuming the buyer likes the look. Granted, the dip and wrap are easily removed, but why would you do that!?!?!?!? It looks amazing :p

I went in the other day. They offered $60k. I think I can get $10-15 more, based on what I have seen offered. Not to mention the "modifications" I have made should count for something, assuming the buyer likes the look. Granted, the dip and wrap are easily removed, but why would you do that!?!?!?!? It looks amazing :p
Just ask them to give you 60,015 then. I'm sure they won't have a problem throwing in an extra 15 bucks.

Looks like I need swap my s75 for an X. Bigger family on the way (and I refuse to road trip in my wife's durango). I've never sold a car privately, and was hoping for some advice. Any recommendations where to start?

-2016.5 (face lift) Model S 75d
-18,500 miles
-silver with gray interior, black headliner
-everything except air, uhfs
-Tint: Suntek full ceramic -- windshield - 70% -- front side - 50% -- rear side - 35% -- hatch - 20%
-complete chrome delete with combination of 3m wrap and dip
-Blackvue dashcam installed front and back

I bought my red 2016 s 70d at online car sites for $65k sticker was $92k Had 12k miles on it mint condition
Seller already had a white 2017 x p100d in his garage $145k
Tesla had offered him 62k but keep in mind they have to resell it and pay salesman.
Its a pain in the butt to sell a car yourself. My wife doesnt like the x

ya, I guess I was looking to see if anyone in our community has had success with any particular site/method. Thanks!
Dude. Shotgun. This isn't rocket science - advertise on as many platforms as possible. What worked for some random thread replier isn't an indication of anything - selling cars is a lot of work but if you want to succeed you'll hit all the big sites and invest in quality photography.

Reactions: DOCAL
Your price point is really the only challenge. Agree the car is likely worth what your looking for just the pool of private buyers with $70-75k of funds or loan availability is smaller than those in the $40-55k range.

I just sold my S85 here on the classified forum and purchased a S70D off of a tmc member who had it posted in the Facebook buy sell trade group - both were cross country private transactions.

eBay is good as its free to post with a buy it now or best offer but be prepared to have lowball offers or someone hit buy it now who can't secure financing.

Whatever you do I'd highly suggest quality photos and if you don't have the original sticker grab the details from your owner profile (should be there on your mytesla documents near the Mbps) post simply the option packages and price the car fairly it will sell.

• Informative
Reactions: MGMDaware
With the upgrade to drive unit, battery (85 software limit to 75?), air suspension, sunroof and auto rear liftgate being standard, I would say it's more difficult to sell a 75 or 60 today than maybe a few months ago before the price change in April and all those upgrade announcement.

I sold my 2012 model S in a couple of weeks. The main thing is to not be greedy. I got the trade in value from Tesla and checked a couple of sources for current value. I decided I just wanted to get a few thousand more than Tesla offered with a minimum of hassle. I listed it here and got a few responses. The problem with this forum is potential customers are not local. I listed it on Autotrader and I think it sold in about 10 days. The problem with selling an expensive car is finding someone with enough money. The person I sold to was pre-approved for a loan to buy a used Tesla. As a result I dropped my price a couple of thousand to make it work. The bank facilitated the transaction since they want a clear title. The bank deposited the money directly into my account--it was easy.