Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Best way to share Tesla mobile app w/ family?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
We recently got 2 Teslas in the family. Both under my name/account, but one will be for the Mrs. primarily.

In terms of being able to share the Tesla app or the Tesla account for the administration of the car, what are our options? The least complicated would be for us to just use my account to log into the app on both our phones (I don't have issues with location sharing), but are there any other features around family/driver/vehicle access sharing I should be aware of?

We're coming back to Tesla after a couple of years (had a 2016) so a lot has changed, hence my ask. Thanks!

This part is managed in the Tesla portal, so go to Tesla.com, login and manage the accounts there.
Hmm, I don't see that option in my Tesla account on the portal;
Tesla portal --> "Tesla Account" --> "Login Credentials" - I only see 3 options here "Account email", "Password", and "Multifactor Authentication" and none of them have an option of adding another account.

Maybe I have to wait for the cars to be delivered and set as active in my account first?

Hmm, I don't see that option in my Tesla account on the portal;
Tesla portal --> "Tesla Account" --> "Login Credentials" - I only see 3 options here "Account email", "Password", and "Multifactor Authentication" and none of them have an option of adding another account.

Maybe I have to wait for the cars to be delivered and set as active in my account first?

It's under the Manage button for the car Manage -> Car Access -> Add Driver

Reactions: Kross