Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Best wireless charger?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Love our new Taptes chargers. Definitely can't beat it at $49!

F0E8F98A-486C-4EED-8F6C-B34D30C9A628.jpeg 4BCD749B-F116-43FA-8EF1-F922AC8624E1.jpeg

Reactions: chilman408 and KenC
Does the Taptes charger allow the top of the console to close with or w/o the phone on the pad?
Yes, I can definitely close the cover with my Samsung S7 on it. However you can't raise it to get inside the console with the phone on the pad. When there's no phone It's still a little hampered to get to the console storage, but manageable. I'm really happy with it still!

Reactions: 16Coma
I got my TapTes charger this week and it's working great now. At first I only used it with the single cords, and the left side wouldn't charge if i picked the phone up & put it back down. TapTes told me to disconnect the cords, reboot the computer and set it up with the splitter cords, I did and it works great now. The minimal instructions didn't say the splitter cords were necessary, but they are.

I have the nomad one and I love it. I own several of their other products and the fit and finish is great. Their wireless charger blends in perfectly with the car, you’d never know it wasn’t stock on the car. I see it lasting a long time, and it’s the one I recommend to everyone.

Just my opinion -
After trying several wireless chargers I decided that the Tesla charger was the one I would keep.

Pro
Quality (fit/finish) appears higher for the Tesla OEM.
More space for taller phones due to the design. (This does require user to slightly lift the phone rather than slide it out)
Will not be made obsolete due to software change etc.

Con
Does not allow for landscape charging.

+1 vote for TapTes. Value can't be beat, its currently on sale via Amazon for about $33.xx after online coupon via TapTes. Fits well, love the splitters to be used with TeslaCam + USB Music. Only minor qualm is you do have to use some type of adhesive to not have it slip/pop around a bit but a minor quibble to save nearly 75% off of Tesla OEM.

Reactions: chilman408
I just got the Taptes as well. Its great. But follow the instructions! There isn't much so its easy to gloss over. Don't make the mistake I did and assume the USB splitters are just plain splitters. There is two different ends one is power only and one has data and power. This is important, if you connect the taptes to the data side you will mess up your USB ports which requires a reset.

Otherwise the charging is very convienent. The only thing that is a minor issue is you can raise up the lower shelf all the way anymore.