Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Bet ValueAnalyst at your own risk

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yep, that's why I don't put any $ on short term speculations. It's all stocks, and now some LEAPS for me. I don't like some of the entry point on my LEAPS recently, but consider myself lucky that I didn't get into any short term bets with real money.

It's near impossible to ever like an entry point in a LEAP. The chances of picking the exact day/time for a purchase price is near zero, and because options are so volatile, the emotional swings of liking/disliking are exaggerated.

It seems to me that you and I think and invest very similarly.

Since this is where I keep track of my bets:

IMG_0061.jpg

If semi deposits/reservations are =>$1B by end of 2017, I'll pretend to eat a sock, chewing and all. (Then I'll spit it out)

If I'm wrong, my call options will be worth more than enough to make up for some sock chewing. :eek:

Deal ;) I love the type of bets where I don't have to do anything if I lose.

Similar to how @D-egg-O will send me his dividends if Tesla pays any by 2020.

Win - No Lose

• Funny
Reactions: D-egg-O

@elasalle You win; I lose.

@ValueAnalyst: Short interest as a percentage of outstanding shares will decline below 10% by end-2017 and 5% by end-2018.

@SteveG3: No way. Short interest and FUD will remain higher than 10% into 2020s.

@Alketi: Really? I project things differently. I don't think the short interest ever goes away.

@SteveG3 You win; I lose.

I am now 1-2 on my bets.

Reminds me of my prediction early in 2017 for 30,000 copies of Model 3 in 2017. Far far from that number, disappointingly. But at least the Model 3 will be in the top 10 BEVs for December and likely the top 4 in January of this year. VA, on M3 production we were both off by a long ways.

Reminds me of my prediction early in 2017 for 30,000 copies of Model 3 in 2017. Far far from that number, disappointingly. But at least the Model 3 will be in the top 10 BEVs for December and likely the top 4 in January of this year. VA, on M3 production we were both off by a long ways.

Depends on how you define off. I was certainly off by more than you, but if defined as number of weeks you may be only off by 3 to 5 weeks, which is nothing for a long-term investor, as I assume that you are.

Reactions: DurandalAI