Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
  • Want to remove ads? Register an account and login to see fewer ads, and become a Supporting Member to remove almost all ads.
  • The final cut of TMC Podcast #27 is available now with topics time-stamped. We discussed: Consolidation in LiDAR manufacturers; Volvo EX90 shipping with LiDAR; FSD Beta Full Release in N.A.; FSD detecting autopilot cheats, Gwen Shotwell directly overseeing SpaceX Starship; and more. You can watch it now on YouTube. We should have it published to podcast networks shortly.

Beta FSD - Opting back in after opting out

jebinc

Endlessly Vibrating MS PLAID
Jun 19, 2019
Seattle area
Has anyone opted out, then later received non beta FSD firmware, and then went into the UI (Autopilot) and successfully opted back in to beta FSD (and received the latest beta FSD firmware to replace the non beta build)?

If so, what was the process, after opting Back in, via the UI? How long did it take to get the beta FSD firmware again, after reenrolling via the UI?

jebinc

Endlessly Vibrating MS PLAID
Jun 19, 2019
Seattle area
I get why you did it, but man did you time it wrong! Over three months since a confirmed new US admission.

Any reason you didn't want to wait for V11? (All "two weeks" jokes aside...)
@RowdyMY Fair question. When I opted out, I expected v11 around Xmas. As you know, it’s nearly April and v11 is no where on the horizon. Elon is already talking about 10.12. Seems like we may reach 10.19, before we see a real v11. Given that reality, I decided to get back in for the visualizations only.

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC