Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Beta FSD - Still waiting in Ohio

What could be possibilities that are preventing Ohio MY from the FSD Beta?

• My MY is radar equipped and the developers don't consider these legacy models a FSD Beta priority.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

KurtSanders

'21 MY Red/Black, 20", FSD, Acceleration Boost
Sep 11, 2020
USA
I have a '99' score on MY 2021 since requesting to be in the FSD Beta Queue. The MY is still stuck at release 2021.32.22, ie No FSD Beta. I would have a '100' score if not for few nagging "Unsafe Following" dings because of Ohio drivers happily cutting in front of me when I try to maintain a safe distance from the car in front or stuck in a traffic jam. Oh and Yes, I frequently use FSD for daily drives, and have hard rebooted the MY several times over the past months and checked the available S/W release which has not changed.

So, I am polling those seasoned Tesla drivers with or without the FSD Beta as to what might be happening to restrict my MY from being ready for the FSD Beta?

You forgot one: Ohio, Indiana’s largest suburb, is paved mostly with orange barrels and temporary street signs which is not a great environment to deploy FSD. I lived there 38 years and cannot recall a time when I-75 was not a hot mess. The humans can’t even drive on it. FSD hasn’t got a chance.

• Funny
Reactions: KurtSanders
I have a '99' score on MY 2021 since requesting to be in the FSD Beta Queue. The MY is still stuck at release 2021.32.22, ie No FSD Beta. I would have a '100' score if not for few nagging "Unsafe Following" dings because of Ohio drivers happily cutting in front of me when I try to maintain a safe distance from the car in front or stuck in a traffic jam. Oh and Yes, I frequently use FSD for daily drives, and have hard rebooted the MY several times over the past months and checked the available S/W release which has not changed.

So, I am polling those seasoned Tesla drivers with or without the FSD Beta as to what might be happening to restrict my MY from being ready for the FSD Beta?
Interesting... I'm still in the queue as well... I got excited a few weeks ago, when I had an update pending, but all it did was bring me up to 2021.36.5.1. Not even the right release to get live sentry cam...

I am in '98' H3LL because of Autopilot's 'Unsafe Following' score and weight on the Safety Score.

If I drive with FSD engaged with a max gap setting of '7', other trucks/cars on the highway swerve around me and cut back in front of me. Tesla's Safety Score dings me that I am following too close :mad:. I have read that when driving on FSD, these do not count, but that is not correct as the Safety Score absolutely reports these events, sometimes without any warning but when I get home to check the score, these events are reported and my score lowered.

If I drive manually on the highway & safely close the gap between cars at the same 'safe' gap as others traveling around me, I get dinged again sometimes with an added 'Forward Collision Warning'. This is a crazy endless loop by Elon's elves.

I guess I need to find a long patch of highway that doesn't have any cars to improve the score? Maybe some vampire night time runs and leave the Tesla in the garage during the day!

IMG_5A1C97EAFA4F-1.jpeg

Yes. You can sort by region on Teslafi and 2021.44.30.10 is installed in Ohio on multiple vehicles. But it does not look like Tesla has added any new beta users anywhere since the holiday updates.
Good information @SilverString. I'm guessing that these few lucky full FSD Beta drivers are probably located in Ohio's 5 major cities, like Cleveland, Cincinnati, Columbus, Toledo and Akron where they drive mostly on the commuter highways. Unfortunately, I am in a smaller local Ohio city that would be great to test FSD on the country and smaller downtown roads.

Oh well, it's a Elon waiting game, just like people who put down deposits on the Cybertruck and/or waiting on their free Tesla Roadster from referrals :rolleyes:

I'm predicting that Elon (Tesla) will not approve ANY FSD upgrades to any non beta vehicles until the company settles with the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration and the EU for multiple AP issues.. IMHO, Elon is not doing Tesla or vehicle owners any favors by publicly fighting on so many fronts with the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, SEC, Biden administration, etc.

I have pretty much written-off getting FSD in the near term. My thought is, the whole safety score system is a way for Tesla to buy time so that they don't get sued from customers who bought FSD for delivering vaporware. With install base of < 10% that of the entire 250k+ units sold, I wouldn't hold my breath. It is, by far, THE WORST $10k I spent on anything in my life!

Reactions: KurtSanders
I have pretty much written-off getting FSD in the near term. My thought is, the whole safety score system is a way for Tesla to buy time so that they don't get sued from customers who bought FSD for delivering vaporware. With install base of < 10% that of the entire 250k+ units sold, I wouldn't hold my breath. It is, by far, THE WORST $10k I spent on anything in my life!
I agree with you 100%. Just more Elon "Smoke & Mirrors" and I'm so disappointed in the minimal functionality in basic FSD for the price. But still hopeful & waiting like a child on Christmas eve looking upward at the sky!

I still have all 9's and nothing to show for being a 'Tesla Granny' driver with an occasional random 'following too close' or 'aggressive turn'! Elon is just teasing the rest of us standard FSD'ers with sporadic tweets of 'FSD Beta coming real soon to more testers' if it performs well in this latest release. Well that is the definition of an oxymoron statement IMHO.

Screen Shot 2022-03-22 at 1.41.35 AM.jpg