Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Beta FSD stops working after 2022.12.3.16

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I recently had 2022.12.3.16 installed in my car. Yesterday I wen shopping. Got back in car and Cruise Control and Autosteer would not engage. I lost all visuals on the left side. No stop lights, no stop signs, no cars on either side of me, nothing. It just became a plain old car. Rebooted, Tesla support suggest camera calibration; didn't work. I did a Google search and found a hit where someone says having a USB drive installed renders FSD useless. I pulled it out, recalibrated and it worked. Put the USBs back in, drove to the store this AM, worked fine. Got back. No FSD. I'm going to have to recalibrate and leave the USBs disconnected. BTW Radar still seems to work. I've owned 4 Prius since 2002 model and I NEVER had so much trouble with ANY of them like the Tesla. 3 week service dates, leaving it overnight. I looked at the specs for an Ioniq5 and the default capabilities are equal to ALL the beta FSD features
even 1 feature Elon doesn't seem interested in. Backing up I've almost ran into people and / or cars several time, and please don't tell me to look at my cameras. When you park between 2 beast trucks, SUVs you can't see ANYTHING. My wife's Lexus beeps, Ioniq beeps, Tesla nothing. Anyone have any advice because at this rate I'm going to try and get an Ioniq 5 as soon as I can find one.

...Anyone have any advice because at this rate I'm going to try and get an Ioniq 5 as soon as I can find one.

Prior to Tesla, companies only crank out consumer-quality products. Since Tesla, it has cranked out beta-quality products. Now, some companies are also jumping on the wagon and sell consumers beta-quality products as well.

Thus, if you buy beta-quality products, you might need lots of patience to work out all the bugs. And it's not only a few years, maybe decades or your lifetime too!

I don't know about Hyundai but from the web, it looks pretty good.

Tesla has promised 360-degree birds-eye-view for years, and we are still patiently waiting. However, other companies, including Hyundai, have done that for years.

Here's a view from 2022 Hyundai Ioniq 5:

1654624391885.png

Reactions: jiehan