Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Beta on Flaming Gorge chargers?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just made the trip from Grand Junction, CO to Afton, WY this weekend. Will be returning back Monday. Rock Springs SC is the only option besides driving through SLC. In the past with an ICE vehicle I would take the shortcut through Manilla and Mountain View, WY and cut up through Carter, WY and into Kemmeerer, WY. This cuts off about an hour in driving.

Now, with a MX 100D the drive from Grand Junction to Rock Springs is 250 miles, just enough that I'm going to try to cannonball it tomorrow home without charging at a L2 charger in Vernal, UT. I did overnight and charge on the way north because my car was showing 5% arrival in Rock Springs and I didn't want to get stuck in the Gorge area with a dead battery at night.

Now, Charge Ahead Colorado is planning for a high speed charger in Dinosaur, CO this year or next but it won't be enough to avoid Rock Springs I fear. Lyman, WY has a 14-50 at a KOA. Manilla KOA has a 14-50 as well. Currently RV parks are slammed with campers and it is hard to get a car in them.

Does anyone know of plans or ideas for Mountain View, WY, Manilla, UT or Fort Bridger State Park? Getting a fast charger in one of these areas would be very convenient for my needs and I can imagine others in the Flaming Gorge area.