TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Beta Testers Wanted: iOS Sentry Mode viewer

Discussion in 'The UK and Ireland' started by dst87, Sep 22, 2019.

1. dst87

dst87 Member

#1 dst87, Sep 22, 2019
    Last edited: Sep 22, 2019
    First, I hope this post isn't against some rule. If it is, please let me know and I'll remove it.

My husband and I have been working on an iOS app to view TeslaCam footage from any USB storage device. This makes use of the new capabilities in iOS 13.

We've got something that pretty much works and allows you to view and delete saved clips and Sentry mode events from from the USB drive (or from any other location in the Files app, such as a network drive).

You'll need a way of connecting your USB drive used in your car to your iOS / iPadOS device. If using a recent iPad Pro with USB-C you'll be all set with a simple Type A to Type C adapter. For devices with a lightning port you'll need an adapter.

We're looking for a few folks in the UK (time-zone convenience) to test it out and give us some feedback. We'd also like to invite you to join us on Slack to provide feedback and you'll install the beta using TestFlight.

If you're interested, please send me a DM and let me know which iOS devices you use and will be testing with.

Thanks!

• Like x 1
  2. dst87

dst87 Member

Argh, I'm now too late to edit, but if you could also include your email address in the DM that would be fab - I'll need that to send you the TestFlight invitation and invite you to Slack.

3. pjuk

pjuk Member

Just sent you a DM with details. Now I just need to figure out if I can connect my phone/iPad to the drive. Would be great to port this to a macOS application once Catalyst gets off the ground

4. dst87

dst87 Member

macOS app with Catalyst is on the to-do list, for sure. ;)

We use a USB-C / USB-A double-headed drive in the car, so I can plug that directly into the iPad Pro. We also have an Apple Camera Connector Kit which lets us plug in the USB-A end to our lightning iOS devices. Works well!

5. RobinMiller

RobinMiller New Member

I would like to test it but it won’t let me send you a message due to spam prevention.

6. Mcraciun

Mcraciun Member

Definitely interested once I do get my car !

7. chinedu40

chinedu40 Member

Sent you a DM

8. Rooster6655

Rooster6655 Active Member

Sounds interesting but the problem for iPhones is getting the adapter to read the usb/memory card.

When the Tesla browser can access local files it should be able to play the videos, I would have thought, I am sure they are not far off from releasing a type of video player in a future software update.

9. dst87

dst87 Member

Hopefully they will build in something natively, though it doesn’t seem to be coming in V10. Native management of clips would be great!

Easy to get a USB lightning adapter. Anyone who has connected a camera to their phone will likely already have one, but admittedly it is a pre-requisite for using this app.

10. dst87

dst87 Member

I can see a handful of DMs in my inbox, so thanks everyone! I'll take a look tonight.

Anyone else who'd like to test, just drop me a DM as above.

11. pjuk

pjuk Member

Hurry up..I want to check out who these lunchtime ruffians are ;)

Attached Files:

12. VanillaAir_UK

VanillaAir_UK Moderator UK and Ireland

Oh, your Tesla has a 360 camera ;)

Thankfully no bum crack showing from that angle - you may not be so lucky with sentry view :D

You can actually upload footage and view from a website TeslaCam Video WebApp Player

13. Jellus

Jellus Member

I'll look into doing an Android version. :)

• Like x 1
  14. mhuk01

mhuk01 Member

did this app ever make it into the app store? looking for something that will work with TeslaUSB....

15. dst87

dst87 Member

Hey! We’re super close to release now. Development stopped for a while due to other commitments.

If you DM me I’d be happy to add you to the current beta.

16. DaddyCool

DaddyCool Member

Can you post any screen shots?