TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Bethany, MO Supercharger

Discussion in 'Midwest/Great Lakes' started by LHendren, May 20, 2017.

1. LHendren

LHendren Supporting Member

Does anyone have an update on the I-35 Supercharger installation slated for 2017 in Bethany, MO? At 400 wh/mile, it is a long stretch for me between Independence, MO and West Des Moines, IA.

• Like x 1
  2. jgillispie

jgillispie Member

I want to bring the family Tesla down to KC next trip and that stretch is iffy for us as well. Keeping an eye on the updates for this.

3. azred

azred Active Member

Must be at least 2018 since there are many SCs planned for 2017 on Tesla's latest map and this isn't one of them.

4. LHendren

LHendren Supporting Member

Azred,

It is on the 2017 Supercharger map as "Coming Soon". Maybe this isn't the latest map?

Find Us | Tesla

5. jgillispie

jgillispie Member

Yes, Bethany should be coming this year.

6. RobK

RobK Member

Have they started construction work on on Bethnay, MO Supercharger? Would love to see some pics.
    Anyone-one has a better date than "End of 2018" on Tesla map? This would be very useful to me for our trip from Overland Park, KS to Verona, WI.

7. JHawk

JHawk Member

I went to Des Moines and back this week (not in our Tesla) and didn't see any signs of them starting construction anywhere. I make that trip about once a month for work and look for signs of construction every time.

8. swaltner

swaltner Member

In June 2017, I had tracked down an e-mail address for the Building Inspector in Bethany, MO. He's also the fire Chief and Code Enforcement Officer since it's a small city and had checked with the City Administrator on my initial request. At that time, he let me know that they had not been contacted by Tesla yet and that their building permits were not available on the Internet. I sent a followup e-mail in mid-November to ask if there was any change in the status, but didn't receive a response.

If there's any indication of progress other than the "coming soon" on Tesla's Find Us page that has been there for 8 months, I'll try getting an update. I definitely don't want to be a nuisance to some guy in a small town that happened to have Tesla flag on their map as Coming Soon/Whenever.

• Informative x 3
  9. RobK

RobK Member

Thanks for the prompt response.

10. TCIslandTime

TCIslandTime New Member

Email received today:

Larry, the project isn’t just starting, it’s nearly finished. The City’s involvement just hasn’t been needed until now --- just fyi.

Best wishes,

Jonne Slemons, MPA

City Administrator

City of Bethany, Missouri

PO Box 344

206 N. 16th St.

Bethany, MO 64424

Office: 660-425-8673

Fax: 660-425-7889

Mobile: 660-425-1965

• Informative x 2
    • Like x 2
  11. JHawk

JHawk Member

I'm driving back from Des Moines today so I'll have a look around. Any idea where they are located?

12. jgillispie

jgillispie Member

@BlueShift Under construction

13. JHawk

JHawk Member

I just drove all around both Bethany exits and I didn't see anything that looked like actual construction for supercharger stations. I will look again when I'm back through in April.

14. Chuq

Chuq Active Member

But we don't have an address?

15. RobK

RobK Member

Thank you. This is helpful. Can someone post pictures, if possible?

16. jgillispie

jgillispie Member

There's a Hy-Vee in Bethany, good chance it's there with all the other midwest locations they have.

17. TCIslandTime

TCIslandTime New Member

Evidently, still in pre-construction phase. From City Administrator this morning..............

"They show it at the northeast corner of the truck part of the Kum & Go parking lot. (North of the west side entrance.) It’s not there yet – but that’s the plan."

• Informative x 3
    • Like x 1
  18. JHawk

JHawk Member

Thanks for the update! I'll try and take some pics when I'm through there in a few weeks.

19. tmoz

tmoz S85D, Prius PiP

This is a worthy location for long distance travel. Congratulations.
    I'd just like a few more in remotes spots in Arizona so that traveling to national parks generates a little less anxiety.

20. srobertson

srobertson New Member

I have a 70D Model S and made it from W Des Moines to Independence. Just had to baby the car until I knew I had enough to get there. And it was pretty warm with little wind. Bethany is a very very welcome addition!

• Like x 1