Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

better audio feedback

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
after driving my Model Y for a couple of weeks now, i wish the car has better audio feedback to help me confirm with what i am doing.
for examples:
1) i think the lock/unlock door sound should sound like a lock. on the iphone, when you lock your phone, it has a very reassuring lock click noise. on our Tesla, it's a random ding that sounds like other dings.
2) shift into P, R or D should make some noise so i can know what gear i am in that way i'll know without having to confirm by looking at the screen. couple of time i missed shifted but not pulling the stalk all the way so having audio feedback helps. and if people find this annoying, they can disable this audio feedback.
having these more physical feedback will make driving more safer and satisfying to use.

Reactions: s373n
i hope the colorful icons from the refresh model s UI comes to the model 3/y. since all the icons are grey, it's hard to tell from a quick glance. memorizing the color for each function always me to access the component that i want quicker and safer.