Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Better Blindspot Approach

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I don't like the blink spot camera image. It blocks my map. I cannot not use the right part of screen for other activities (changing music while waiting for green light,...). There are other ways to improve: showing a big red dot/arrow on the upper left/right corner of the screen if it's unsafe to change lane, resizing or shifting down the right part of the screen when the blind spot camera image is shown so that the driver can use the functions of the right screen, making car icons and ego on the left side of the screen a little bit smaller in order to show cars in at leaat 5 car-length distance behind the ego,...
If you are making a turn, you shouldn’t be changing music or looking at the big map. Just make that turn/lane change safely.

I don't like the blink spot camera image. It blocks my map. I cannot not use the right part of screen for other activities (changing music while waiting for green light,...). There are other ways to improve: showing a big red dot/arrow on the upper left/right corner of the screen if it's unsafe to change lane, resizing or shifting down the right part of the screen when the blind spot camera image is shown so that the driver can use the functions of the right screen, making car icons and ego on the left side of the screen a little bit smaller in order to show cars in at leaat 5 car-length distance behind the ego,...
Why would you look at the map or anything else while turning? Also you can move the camera view to different spots.

Why would you look at the map or anything else while turning? Also you can move the camera view to different spots.
The car is waiting for green light. The user can do a lot of things while waiting especially when traffic is slow : change music, check message,... It's difficult to see the video at the bottom of the screen. Even when the driver doesn't do anything, the video still blocks the car path.

You can dismiss the blind spot display one time by tapping the X in the corner of it. This can be useful if you are stopped at a red light with the turn signal on.

You can also move it to a different location on the screen if you want it to appear in one of the other allowed locations.
My point is I want to have some kind of blind spot indicator, but the video with the left and right red bar is not the best way. I'd rather have something obvious on the upper left and right corner of the screen without disrupting the overall view of the driver at anytime.